1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Anyone know anything about a Rossi Model 13?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Tigwelder, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Tigwelder

Tigwelder New Member

Greetings All. I posted this in another section and it was suggested that this was the place for this. I have a chrome or may be nickel, Amadeo Rossi & CIA, double action, seven shot, Rossi model 13 pistol with a three inch barrel. I have seen where you should not post complete serial numbers online so I have put XX for the last two numbers of the serial No. 5603XX. My questions are 1) When was this pistol made? 2) Has it any value? 3) Is it safe to shoot? Any help will be appreciated. I’m not much at pictures but here is one of the Rossi I have.
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43510&stc=1&d=1296739052

Attached Files:

2. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Isn't that the one they call the "princess" ???
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

its in great shape nicest grips ive ever seen on a rossi. dunno anything about it though. as per if its safe to shoot, well yes and no. as long as it's in good condition it would be safe. nothing broken or severely worn i mean
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I know of no source for information on Rossi serial numbers. Yes, the Model 13 is called the Princess.
  5. Tigwelder

Tigwelder New Member

Well Thanks to you guys, I do know something about my Rossi Model 13 that I didn't know before and hopefully someone else will be able to tell me more. I don't think this pistol has been shot more than a few times and it was kept in the lined case. The case has been opened a lot and someone has put tape on the hinge side but other than that it appears to be in good shape. The reason I asked about it being safe to shoot is because I saw someone at a gun shop with a pistol similar (size and shape) as mine and he was told it was a "Saturday Night Special" and that it wasn't safe to shoot because of the new ammo being stronger than the old ones and that they couldn't take it in on a trade because it could only be used as scrap metal. My now to be known as "Princess" is too pretty for scrap but I thought it might be interesting to see how it shot. I am curious about the age of the gun and I did find that the "Firearms International" marked on the side was an importer in Washington DC that was taken over by Garcial Sporting Goods around 1970. So I guess it would be safe to say my Princess is over 40 years old.
  6. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

It's a .22--it should be safe if it locks up properly with the chambers aligned with the barrel. I'd be much more concerned with lead peeling off and going into soft flesh due to a misaligned cylinder than the barrel or cylinder exploding.
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

what buffalochip said.

as i said earlier.. unless something is specifically wrong with your gun, then it would be fine to shoot. heck bring it over to my house and i'll supply a brick of 22 ammo and we'll wear the rascal out lol
  8. Tigwelder

Tigwelder New Member

Thanks, guys. I going to carry it the next time I go to the range.
  9. Vince1941

Vince1941 New Member

Hey Tig;

It looks like you and I have twin guns...

I have the presentation case, but not the manual. Where does your use of "Model 13" come from? Is it imprinted on the weapon somewhere? Or is in the manual?

I never found that terminology on my wheel gun, but mine has the "Firearms Int." imprint, which apparently places it in the 1950-1969 timeframe... Mine has a 2" barrel, with black handles, trigger, and hammer. I wonder if there is some significance to the blackening?

What does the "Princess" apply to? Are they all versions of the frame, or only certain ones?
  10. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

If you have an inclination of selling it, please let me know.

tony
  11. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

"Where does your use of "Model 13" come from? Is it imprinted on the weapon somewhere? Or is in the manual?"--Vince1941

The 3" barrel is a Model 13.
    If yours is a 2" barrel, I think it is a Model 25.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  12. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I bought a new one in 1971 from a gun shop. It was chrome plated and completely engraved. As I remember, it cost $49.95. Wish I still had it.