Anyone know Massachusetts Gun Laws?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Mar 6, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Is Massachusetts a right-to-carry state? What about the kinds of weapons you can own?

Thanks.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

You should be able to go on internet gun laws in ma.
  3. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Define Right to Carry. It is a May Issue state, not a shall issue, so I'd say it is not a Right to Carry state.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/massachusetts.pdf

From the link, it has two types of licenses. One to purchase and carry, and another to just purchase.
  4. bobski

bobski Former Guest

mass. the strictest state besides n.j. to do anything with a gun.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just read this and some of these rules are worse than IL. On the bright side you can get a carry lic. If you live in chicago where they have their own gun laws it's worse.
  6. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I am no expert but I have been dealing with the laws for last 10 years or so... questions will get some answers and some maybes lol.

MA licenses are issued by the Licensing officer for your city or town you live. A safety course is mandatory no matter where you live. Some cities and towns will not give out unrestricted licenses. Some will not allow conceal carry at all for the most part, I.E. Boston although it can be done. So the licensing authority has the final say if your allowed your constitutional right or not. Visit GOAL for more information about MA gun laws and how to handle getting licensed. See link below-
    http://www.goal.org/licensinginfo.html
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012