Anyone know of this guy?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by firefighter1635, Aug 18, 2012.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I do know there is one guy on this forum who does pistol refinishing and we're supposed to have a phone conversation this afternoon (since it's now a bit after midnight). If you post back what you want done, I'll ask him to contact you. He has photos of the pieces he's done.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Back in the 80s there was a series of adventure novels about a one-eyed mercenary named (IIRC) Hank Frost. Hank carried a Browning Hi Power with a Smith 36 for back up and an Interdynamics Assault Pistol (the forerunner of the Tec 9). All these guns had been sent to his friend, Ron Mahovsky, at metallife to be hard-chromed.

I believe in the Jerry Ahern book, River of Gold, Fanny had sent Josh's Browning 92 to Mahovsky, where he did a big-loop conversion and metallifed it.

I don't know anything about the guy, personally, or his work, but he HAS been in business for a long time.
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Interesting!

I'm looking at having them hard-chromed or something similar WHSmithIV.
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    back many years ago i cut a model 29 smith to three inches and changed the grip frame.i then had it ported and sent it to have it meta lifed.the job was fantastic.i still have the pistol with no wear showing at all.i reccomend him highly. old semperfi