Anyone know what this gun is worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bskeen, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bskeen

bskeen New Member

The left side reads:

SEARS, ROEBUCK AND CO.
    --MODEL 101.408-- <> SEARS <>

There are diamonds on both sides of the word Sears.

It is a single shot 16 gauge. It is not a bolt action. It has a 2 3/4 inch chamber. Thanks.
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    As close as I can tell it's a Stevens Model 94 shotgun. Worth about $50.00 in VG to Exc. shape (Sears models are usually worth less han the name-brand).
  3. bskeen

bskeen New Member

I was wrong about the model #, it is 101.40B. I know it's not worth much, but I can't find anything on it. I would like to order a new stock, but I don't know where to look. Thanks.
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

5. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Former Guest

I have a Model 101.4 - Bolt action .410 Shotgun / with clip.

They must have made more than one Model 101.4

This shotgun I believe has the words Ranger stamped in the barrel.

It has a problem, where the sear is wore off and if you pull the trigger while the safety is on, the trigger will stick and it will fire the next time you take the safety off.

I wouldn't give you $50 for a barrel full of them! This gun was my grandfathers only shotgun and he died 30 years ago! That is how little I think about it in terms of quality.