Anyone know where I can find

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rugster, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Rugster

Rugster New Member

AR-15 .223 Mag dust covers? I bought some Mag clamps that hold both Mags up right side by side.Ive checked several of my sources with no luck.One place had them Streichers Police Supply but they want an arm and a leg for a 3 pack plus $8.00 shipping.I need to find some somewhere that I can find something else I need like a big bottle of Break Free CLP or something.But I cant seem to locate any.Anyone know of a source?And have you used the Mag couplers on an AR-15?Did you have any problems other than a little extra weight?I havent even tried them I have both of my AR-15's beside me and the clamps.I hope to get some opinions before I put them on.Another question the extra weight doesnt harm the Mag latch does it.My issue AR-15 lays in a special case in the trunk of my cruiser with a couple of loaded Mags but their not in the gun.Any help locateing these dust covers would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. Raider006

Raider006 New Member

Check out Wal Mart for the Break Free CLP. I got some there not too long ago.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

4. geezler

geezler New Member

DSA has them for $1.25 ea. Problem-$20.00 min order.

Ebay has CLP
  5. Rugster

Rugster New Member

Sorry I dont guess I worded this right,I was looking to buy some somewhere that may have something else I also need.I used the Break Free CLP as an example.The ones I found are at Streichers Police Supply and they want $16.00 for a 3 pack.Ive seen them somewhere for 3-4 bucks but I would like to know where I seen them.I will check out Brownell's they probably have them and Im sure I can find something else I need to order with them.Shipping is crazy but with the price of fuel cant be helped.The big question was if I couple 2 30RD Mags together and put them in my personal AR-15 would the extra weight harm the Mag catch?Thanks for the replies.

Best!!
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The extra weight will not harm the mag catch.
  7. geezler

geezler New Member

Check auction arms. They have the covers and the shipping is just right!
  8. Rugster

Rugster New Member

Thanks alot to everyone,Shooter45 thanks for giveing me the answer about the extra weight of the other 30RD Mag not being harmful to the Mag latch.I wasnt sure about that one over time.It along with the Surefire mounted on the opposite side rail makes the gun heavy but balanced.If I was at the range or useing the gun in combat simulations I always use the BlackHawk Tactical Sling.I have my personaly owned AR-15 set up like our issued ones.The slings hold the gun right where you need it for any situation.Im a big guy 6"5 270lbs(And no its not from eating Doughnuts Im in good shape ;) ) so the A2 standard stock is my stock of choice,it fits me much better than the Telestocks.Plus I keep my Otis AR-15 cleaning kit in the rear storage area with a few other things.I bought a plug for both of my guns so I can carry several pair of ear plugs in the pistol grips.Someone always forgets their hearing protection at the Range,and Im going to start takeing points real soon if it doesnt stop.Im currently one of our Division's Handgun Range Instructors,and have applied to go to school on a Grant and take the M-16/AR-15 Range Instructors course.It looks like a sure trip to Georgia and I can sure use the extra cash for spending (Gun) money,if I can manage to fit it in on one of my days off.Ive been teaching some classes at the Academy.The current group has graduated and who knows how long it could be before they run the next course.My work schedule helps out alot,I work 8:00PM-4:00AM shift and that helps fit alot of other things in.
  9. drobs

drobs Member

Rugster I had a set of mag clamps for my AR. They work good but you have to have the mags staggered. The top of one higher than the other, to keep the clamped on mag lower than the ejection port.

The system works but you will only be able to carry one set of clamped mags, most likely in the gun. Because I've yet to find a good pouch to carry other clamped mags.

So just by one set.

I was gonna send you mine but I can't find it. Might've given it away already.