Anyone know where I can get a new/used pair of grips for my H&R .38?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Motorcycle Kim, Aug 18, 2009.

  1. Motorcycle Kim

    Motorcycle Kim New Member

    Aug 18, 2009
    An original pair of grips in good condition or better will work or preferably an aftermarket pair that are more durable/comfortable. Anyone know if there are any aftermarket grips that will fit my gun? Or need to get rid of some?
    Here's a pic of what the original grips look like:

    Thanks, Kim:eek:

    Attached Files:

  2. Motorcycle Kim

    Motorcycle Kim New Member

    Aug 18, 2009
    Thank you very much Skipper! Looks like they've got the original style grips and wood variations for sure, but by chance would you know if could get some of those cool wrap-a-round type of grips that are made of softer rubber?
    You Rock!
  3. Hammerslagger

    Hammerslagger New Member

    Jul 30, 2009
    Replacement grips for many old handguns are (or were) made by a company call Vintage Industries. I am not sure if you can find them on the www of not. Their products were sold by Gun Parts Corp in NY, and Triple K in San Deigo. I suspect that Triple K might own them.

    I have no recent experiences with V. I. late production grips. They appeared to be made using technology that makes as "soft mold" (silicone rubber) from a pair of original grips (which may not have been in perfect condition for some uncommon models) a quick curing polymer material is then injected into the soft mold to closely reproduce the grip. Quality is usually functional with some fitting, and better than a broken or missing grip, but sometimes disappointing if you expect original quality.

    The costs of making original spec. hard mold tooling to make grips for most old guns is prohibitive. A business would never sell enough grips to pay for the tooling costs. This is one reason that some original grips sell for seemingly outrageous prices.
  4. Alpo

    Alpo Well-Known Member

    Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    Those cool wrap-a-round grips are only made for guns in current production. Would not be economically feasible to make them for guns that haven't been made for fifty years or so.

    Something that MIGHT work, and I stress the MIGHT, is to buy a set of grips for a J frame S&W. They won't fit, but they might be close enough that you could carve a little on the inside of the grip, or add some filler to the inside of the grip, to make them fit.

  5. West Tx

    West Tx New Member

    Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. Shooter45

    Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

    Feb 9, 2001
    Here at TFF
    I'll add one more.

    Gun Parts will tell you they have the part then put it on back order until they actually have the part.

    If Jack First has the part, it is shipped right then.
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Technical Questions & Information Anyone know where I can get some shim washers? Oct 7, 2013
Technical Questions & Information Anyone know where I can get a custom stock made Jul 4, 2013
Technical Questions & Information Anyone know where I can find... Dec 14, 2004
Technical Questions & Information Can anyone identify these peep sights Nov 28, 2016
Technical Questions & Information 1876 veterili anyone know how to modify bolt for 348 Winchester Jun 25, 2016