Anyone looking to sell a Rcbs pistol powder measure?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by socalfamous87, May 8, 2012.

1. socalfamous87

socalfamous87 New Member

Does anyone know how well the little dandy pistol powders work by Rcbs? I like the concept. Is anyone interested in selling one? Pm if you do. Thanks
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I don't have one in my arsenal or have one for sale, but I have used them before.
    They work just like the larger RCBS powder measure except instead of having an screw adjustable powder chamber, you interchange rotors with fixed volume chambers to set up for the load you're wanting to throw.

They are a nice little system if you have one or two pet loads that you happen to find the correct rotor for.
    Otherwise, if you want a Little Dandy plus all, or even several, of the rotors it'll get pretty spendy.
    Consider that each rotor is just over $10 and there are 28 in the full set you're possibly looking at up to $300 to get the full set...plus around $30 for the measure itself. These are new prices...you might find used stuff cheaper.

It's about the same as buying a set of Lee dippers...you've got a set of fixed volume chambers to work with and need to correlate your loads around those choices.

For less money you can get a regular RCBS, or any other brand, adjustable measure with the small chamber (or a combo unit with both large and small chambers that will also measure rifle loads).
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have never used any of those, but I do have an RCBS powder measure that I use all the time. Would never let it go!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

do you mean the trickler ?
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

No he is talking about the little dandy pistol powder measure. You used interchangeable rotors with fixed capacity chambers. You the look at a chart to find one that is close to your load.

I had one never used it so I gave it away.
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I used one for years and they are awesome. They are accurate and easy and I wish I had one. The one I used was my fathers. It would be well worth your time to get one IMO.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I'm with Bindernut on this one. I'd go with the Uniflow or similar and add the micrometer adjuster. It'll do the same job and you'll never need to buy another rotor.