anyone make a/im lookin for something.

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by calicollector, May 31, 2003.

1. calicollector

calicollector New Member

ok, since my first post wasnt able to take due to a slip of the keyboard that wiped it out right as i was bout finished, lets do this AGAIN!

im looking for a Bolt Action Detachable Magazine Fed Rifle chambered in .45ACP. im not looking for a Delilse(sp?) Carbine, or one of the clones. price on those is too prohibitive, well over a grand... i dont want one that bad. does anyone know of anyone who makes a bolt action .45acp?
    someone, i think Warpig, has a thing for Destroyer Carbines, any chance of me gitting a little info on procurement of one of those? just incase i cant get a bolt action .45acp... i might HAVE to settle for a 9mm... hell ill be shooting handloads anyways, so it wont make alot of difference.

thanks in advance for the answers, good or bad, ill take them as they come. Ray in California
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

I am not the one with the Destroyer Carbine info:(

I can't recall seeing a bolt action 45 acp but will poke around and see what turns up.
  3. warpig

warpig Guest

Here is some info on the Destroyer I found

Destroyer Carbine

I am finding nothing for 45acp rifles except semi-auto
  4. calicollector

calicollector New Member

thank you

cool link Warpig!! thank you!!! maybe it was Bob in St.Louis that likes the Destroyer.. crap i need top poke my head in here more often. i checked out the Delisle repro's from Valkary Arms, but im NOT going to pay that much for a bolt action pistol round rifle!screw that!!! so im still on the search... the Destroyer does sound like a good possibility though, but id still like a bolt action .45ACP if i can find one for an appropriate price.
    thanks again Warpig. Ray in California
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

There has been some talk on other forums in the not-too distant past of working over a Turk or such to .45ACP. The Turk got the most attention at the time, because there were/are detachable magazine mods as well as a hinged floor plate mod available.
    Wander over to the Curio&Relic board on exboard and start there. Or search with google; it can find ezboard threads.

When I get some time, if you haven't found anything, I'll help you search. Keep us posted. I think it sounds like a fun project.

Turk =~ 60
    BBL =~ 20 - 40
    Smithing =~ 100- 300
    Stock =~ 65 - time to do it yourself

Hmmmmmm....Next project?

Pops
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I saw a neat rifle the other day that was a new-production version of the Lee Enfield No.4. It is set up like the No.5 Mk.I Jungle Carbine (which was a modified No.4), and is chambered for 7.62x39. I'm pretty sure these are new production rifles, not reworks.

The reason I bring it up is because I hear that they will be chambered for lots of other calibers too. I wonder if .45ACP will be one of them. Anybody heard of these? I didn't catch who made them or who was selling them. But this sounds like what you're looking for.
  7. outdoorsman260

outdoorsman260 New Member

Is this what you are talking about, 1952

[​IMG]

As copied from the CZ site:

The CZ 527 Carbine is an intermediate range Brush gun, chambered in .223 Remington and 7.62 x 39" . This handy little rifle has a 5 round detachable magazine, open sights, a straight comb Turkish walnut stock, hammer forged barrel, single set trigger and weights in at less than 6 pounds.

Details Here
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2003
  8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

No, actually, here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

One thing I forgot to add is that it uses AK mags. Imagine putting a 75-round drum on a bolt-action rifle. :D

Attached Files:

9. calicollector

calicollector New Member

actually....

actually 1952 Sniper... but i believe that rifle there takes a Single Stack magazine, not the double stacked AK mag. so the AK stuff will not work. that is unless the site that i was looking at is different from the one that you were. here let me dig around and see if i have the link to teh company, that i believe you to be speaking of. ok here we go:
    http://www.pyramid.net/sia/
    it IS an AK mag, but it IS Single Stack. all the AK's/Mak90's that i ever owned took staggered/double stack magazine. did they make sufficient amounts of highcap single stack mags?heres a few quotes for those interested:
    FAQ's

Why use the Enfield No. 4 as a donor?
    The Enfield is reasonably inexpensive as a donor gun, it has a strong and well proven action, and comes equipped with the correct bore diameter for a proper conversion. It also has a factory detachable magazine, so converting to the AK Mag. is simple.
    Why not use another gun, like a Mosin-Nagant or Persian Mauser?
    Those guns are more difficult to do, and would end up being more expensive. The Mosin-Nagant has no magazine well, the Mauser has the wrong bore diameter. Besides, I like Enfield's!
    Aren't you destroying valuable collector guns?
    No, the guns we convert have little or no collector value. They are usually sourced from foreign military surplus, they have been "FTR" and then sold to third world countries by the shipload.
    I have a personal collection of original Enfield's, if I ever get any collector grade guns I will set them aside and resell them as such.
    Why is the converted Enfield more accurate than an SKS or AK-47?
    Mostly due to the bolt action, heavier and strait barrel (you should see an AK barrel rotated between centers, they are curved!), and our careful setting of head space. The better fitting stocks do not hurt either.
    What made you decide that there is a market for these guns?
    We have a retail gun store, several customers have come in looking for a bolt action rifle in 7.62x39. The only guns available were Ruger® and CZ® rifles, with a retail price around $500-$550 ea.
    These prices defeated the purpose of many of the customers, they wanted a gun that was inexpensive to buy, accurate, cheap to shoot, in a center fire caliber suitable for deer hunting, and which also used detachable magazines.
    Can I change my gun back to .303 British?
    No. The receiver is unmodified, but the barrel alteration is permanent.
    How powerful is 7.62x39, how far can I shoot accurately with the converted gun?
    The 7.62x39 is very similar to 30-30 Winchester®, it is excellent on game up to deer size, it is very accurate to 150 yards, and reasonably accurate to 300 yards. It will reach much further, but hitting a target at long range will take more practice.
    Can I put a scope on my Enfield K?
    All standard Enfield accessories will work with the "K". We suggest a 2.5-8, 4X or 6X scope in 32-40mm objective lens.
    What magazines fit the Enfield K?
    We use the Romanian AK single stack mags. 5 and 10 rounds mags fit, due to the varied size and quality of the mags some minor adjustment is sometimes required. These mags are readily available for $5-$15 each at this time.
    Why not use the 30 rd. double stack AK mags, or a 100 rd. drum, that would be cool!
    That is possible, we built one action that used a 30 rd. mag as an experiment. But we were not comfortable with the amount of metal that had to be milled away from the receiver in order for the magazine to sit high enough for reliable feeding.
    That machining was also very time consuming. Many states also limit hunters to a 5 rd. magazines, others have bans on magazines holding over ten rounds.
    Using 5 or 10 rd. mags saves us from having to keep track of which states allow the mags we want to supply with each gun.
    Are you planning to make the Enfield K in any other caliber's?
    No. Most other caliber's use the wrong diameter bullet, and there are plenty of guns available in those caliber's.
    What scope mount works best?
    There are several scope mounts available, but most of the "No-Drill, No Tap" mounts are not steady enough for our standards.
    The "William's"® #71 scope mount screws directly to the receiver, it is very solid, and allows the scope to be used as a "Quick Detachable" type so that scopes may be interchanged, or iron sights may be used if desired.
    Is the completed conversion still a C&R gun?
    Under our understanding of the law it is not. However, if a customer sends us their own gun for modification the conversion is only Gunsmithing, and the gun can be returned directly to the sender.