Anyone remember the swine flu?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bobitis, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

What happened?:confused:

Considering all the members we have here, I'd like to pose the question.

Did you get a certifiable case of the 'swine' flu? Before the CDC started lumping all flu's as swine variety? Or after for that matter.
    Was it swine flu or regular flu?

Last spring, after the initial fomenting, a few kids at the middle school across the street came down with flu like symptons, and they closed the school for a week.:eek:

Summer came, and it dissappeard from headlines.
    Fall came, and it's back to school time.
    SWINE FLU!..... SWINE FLU!.....

Now that the flu season has run it's course (as it does every year), it's no longer a talking point for the MSM. The WHO hasn't given up yet.:rolleyes:

Honestly, no one I know got the flu this season (swine or otherwise).
    Am I an oddity in this matter?

I truly believe it was a manufactured crisis to cover the health care debacle. Now that it's pretty much a non-issue, the flu is the flu. Hardly worth reporting on anymore, because it no longer serves a purpose.:rolleyes:

So how many here got the flu this season?
    Was it swine flu?
    Was it worse than any other flu?
  2. jestor

jestor New Member

Here in south Mississippi H1N3 flu is going around now. Is this a variant of swine flu or the common flu?
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

my cousins all had it around thanksgiving. i never had it. surprisingly, i haven't had the "flu" in years. all i really get are colds. i drink tons of water too, so maybe that helps.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I know of a few people at mine, and also my wife's work that got it. We have not, thankfully. :)

You want to know what this panic was?... Look at how it corresponded with National Healthcare debate. How convenient that there was a bogeyman around to usher a panic at a time when the health and wellbeing for all (yeah right) is being considered? Now, I'm not saying that anyone created the virus intentionally but the fact that it was around certainly made it easier to get people in a tizzy over Healthcare 'Reform'. :mad:

And again I quote Rahm Emanuel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow

Of course, my common sense approach to the matter could always be wrong. :D

What could the government do for the wealthy of the world with total control of 1/6 of the US GDP? :eek:
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I had the regular strain of flu, which I hadn't had in years, but it wasn't too awful.

I'm surprised there are not more superbugs out there, with all the hand sanitizer people are pouring on everything. All our immune systems will eventually be destroyed.
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

But here the gov't, King-Emperor Barack I, and the "fair and impartial" media kept saying that H1N1 was going to kill 40696596778547823478423 trillion people every hour and it was such a great health crisis and was going to wipe out all life in the galaxy, but yet the last fatality numbers I heard (about 2 or 3 months ago) had the WORLDWIDE death total at less than 10,000, since LAST SPRING! But yet the normal seasonal flu kills, on average, about 36,000 annually in the US alone. But The Great Hussein, King-Emperor Barack I, His Great Awesomeness and All-Knowing Teleprompter, declared it was a national health emergency after only 1,000 deaths in the US. The last I heard about H1N1 was that the feds were thinking of selling off all the excess vaccines they bought. Your tax dollars at work:rolleyes: Of course, I've heard some Obamites try to say that the government's "quick thinking and action" saved us from having to wade through the plague infested corpses of H1N1 victims rotting in the streets.

Ponycar hit it on the head when he said it was a manufactured crisis to try and drum up support for AdolfCare.
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yeah, I bet he could have someone conjure up an M.D. for him, too....:rolleyes:
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

bcj, I'm so glad you're not cynical... LMAO!... :D
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, he did have someone conjure up a couple dozen "doctors" wearing white labcoats to be the audience for one of healthcare sermons.

Who? Me?:eek::D:D
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

swine flu ?? i got some flu the doc's said was the swine variety a while back and thought

heck times come .. i gotta do it

so went and got a 20 lb batch of ribs, a rolled leg roast some taters and yams, carrots and onions , and stuffed myself stupid for a week or so..

washed it all down with home made vodka and well

i'm still here

then two weeks later they said they had some shots for me that would cure it

when i found out it was needles i passed, i'd ran out of vodka and was hoping for some more.

yeah swine flu

a dang good reason to put pork on the menu in a big way

too bad they dont have caramel cheesecake flu

heck that could kill me in two weeks!!!!

cheers

jack
  11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

My wife and I both had the regular flu shots in October and Swine Flu in Dec. I had the flu several years ago that put me down for 9 days and after that I decided to get the flu shots every year.
  12. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

For what it's worth, I heard the common strain of the flu has killed more people than
    H1N1 (swineflu)
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Agentwil, that's true. That's why it's obvious that the swine flu threat was exaggerated for political gains.
  14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.... until the next time.... The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!
  15. red14

red14 Active Member

Heh heh heh. :D

The boy who cried wolf.;)

Never waste a good crisis . . .:eek::rolleyes:
  16. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I haven't had it, yet, and don't know anyone who has had it. I did have a cold this winter.
  17. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Both my kids got it (tested and all). It hit them hard and really fast. My 1 yr old was sitting in his high chair, eating dinner, happy as a clam and very talkative (in his 1yr old banter) when I got home from work. I went to the kitchen and was talking to my wife for about 10 minutes. His banter stopped but I thought nothing of it, he probably had a mouth full of food. My 4 yr old (3 at the time) comes in the kitchen and says "Landon is being weird". I walked out to were he was eating and he was face down on the tray and bantering very quietly to himself and was burning up. Had a fever of 102 for 3 days. He just laid in your arms, you could not put him down w/o him crying, until we got tamaflu. Then he was back to his old self. Stuff works really fast.
    My 3 yr got hit while at a friends house. He went outside with his little buddy and my friend to go talk to a neighbor. They were gone for 15 minutes when the door opens and my friend is carrying my 3 yr old and says "dude, somethin's wrong here". He was sweating bullets and he never sweats. We took him to the hospital were they verified H1N1. They prescribed him tamaflu but the hospital pharmacy was out and all the pharmacy's around us were out. It kicked his poor little but for 6 days.
    My wife and I never got it. It was bad for the kids and bad for our nerves but it was nothing compared to RSV.