Anyone use a Fobus holster?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by deinonychus75, Jun 7, 2007.

1. deinonychus75

deinonychus75 New Member

Just picked up a Taurus PT145 the other day and thinking about an ankle rig for it. I'm interested in the Fobus SP11BA and wondering if anyone here has any experience with these "passive retention" molded-to-fit holsters. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Also considering something like a DeSantis Apache.
  2. deinonychus75

deinonychus75 New Member

3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I have been carrying in a Fobus holster for over a year now. I have one of the Roto models for my Glock and a Basic model for my XD
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I have a Fobus for my P-220. Almost daily use. No problem. It is NOT a paddle type. Don't have any experience with an ankle holster. My other holsters are all Blade-Tech.
  5. I've used a Fobus a few times (I own two of them) but frankly, I simply don't like them, either the paddle type or the belt type. I agree, they work OK, but to me they just don't feel right somehow. They are an inexpensive but effective way to go, however, if that is a factor. Personally, I will buy only high-quality, well-crafted horsehide holsters for any pistol or revolver I intend to carry concealed. My favorite is the MSP built by Kramer. They're not cheap by any means (around $150 for the horsehide version), but well worth the cost.
  6. deinonychus75

deinonychus75 New Member

Thanks. I ended up with a Uncle Mikes 7016-0 for now. It can be used either OWB or it also has a removable belt clip for use as an IWB holster. It doesn't work out too bad if I tuck it inside the waist band around my back side and wear a loose fitting longer shirt to conceal. It also has an integral magazine pouch on the forward edge of the holster allowing me to carry an extra 10-round clip of .45 ACP. :D