ANYONE USE PACKING.ORG?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by VegasTech702, Oct 5, 2006.

1. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

Sorry guys I need to get something off my chest. My first firearm related forum I used was packing.org. It had its problem since I started using it a year ago. However, there were a lot of knowledgeable people using it and posting informative information. They have a messed up rating system that was created so the owner of the site Mark Soloman does not ever have to moderate the forum. Unfortunately people behind computers sometimes can not act like mature adults and abused it by giving everyone bad ratings no matter what the topic or quality of post. I just ignored all that the best that I could but now the site goes down for days. Last week I believe it was down for a total of 4 to 5 days. It is really sad.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I've never used the forums there, but use the state-by-state information on a regular basis. I've noticed lately that their site has been down a lot and wondered what was up. That's a shame that their forums are not properly moderated. :(
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Go to the main site and find where Mr. Solomon has posted reasons for its being slow and the changes taking place in his life.

He is asking for some good help while he gets it all together......
  4. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I haven't used the forum there, but I often reference the site for info
    on concealed carry and reciprocity from state to state.
    They have a lot of good information.
  5. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

I understand what Mark has been saying as far as his life being busy. Here is the problem, I even wrote to him directly volunteering as the Nevada state admin. Never got a reply. He just doesn't care. He has been offered to sell it but he has come out and said that he wants 50 million dollars just for the domain. What a pompous A$$.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

They do have some help full info their
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I have never used there fourm, but on occasion do use there site.

I have www.keepandbeararms.com as my home page.