Anyone watch Pawn Stars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr_Shamrock, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

I know it is fake, but at least there is something to be learned from the history lessons. I was just wondering if anyone saw the recent episode when they bought an older .22 rifle? The young son bets his dad that he can't hit a .50 piece within 3 tries. He misses the first 2 by over a foot and then nails the 3rd. This was with iron sights and only his 3rd time firing the gun. I am calling BS on this one for sure. I think it was at 50 yards. Any thoughts?
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I did see that one and I call bull too. If he was that far off the first two shots, no way he drills it on the third. I do like the show, mainly because of what people bring in and not the drama.
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Same here. I have seen them take other guns out that are new to them and very old and these guys seem better than Annie Oakley. I just laugh.
  4. watsisname

watsisname Member

Chumlee is the smartest one of the bunch :rolleyes:
  5. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And my wife's favorite.....................
  6. langenc

langenc Member

on 269-Direct TV--I just wish they give a little variety-every night.

One night Pawn Stars 3 or 4 times, next night-restorers then Swamp people. Split em up a little-yuk.
  7. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I watch it for a good laugh.
  8. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Yep, I too said BS to that .22 shot. Seems those that script these shows just can't let the truth be enough and have to add what they think spices up the presentation but it just destroys their credibility on the rest of the show.
  9. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yep, I saw it. I don't think I could see a 50 cent piece at 50 yards. Plus the fact that he was shooting off hand,, no way.
  10. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I like the show but I also think some of it is BS.I had a friend that went there and the only guys that were there was chumlee and the Old man.
  11. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

One guy told me that they must use wide angle lenses or something to make the place look bigger because it is actually really narrow.

He said there was only one of them there too, can't remember which one. I bet the only time they are all there is for like 2 hours of shooting the actual show.
  12. gunslinger69

gunslinger69 New Member

The first shot looked like it keyholed to me, I thaught wow he got ripped off.
  13. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Chumlee is the only honest one of the bunch for sure. Those guys give pawn shops a bad name and that's not easy to do.
  14. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

I noticed on an older pawn stars episode the other nite, Rick buys a coke machine from Ron, Rick's (from Rick's Restoration on American Restoration) brother. He then proceeds to take the machine to Rick's Restoration to have it fixed up.
    I told the wife if I didnt know it was staged before, I do now.
  15. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

That is exactly what made me start to question it. He gave the pawn shop some story about how it had been in the family for a very long time blah blah blah. The sad thing is it is still better than 90% of the other crap on TV these days so I still watch it to see the interesting things they bring in (or should I say the things the producers give people to bring in). From what I understand many of the items are just given to people off the street by the producers to come in and act like it belongs to them. They then are schooled on all the facts before filming. Either way I do learn a thing or two watching it so I guess it is better than watching crap like Hardcore Pawn - that show gets on my nerves in about 2 seconds!!! There is supposed to be a new one coming out just about a gun shop - I can't wait for that one!!!!
  16. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

A friend was in Vegas the wait to get in the store is hours. A television man asked them if they wanted to be on the show they said no but the person behind them said yes. They told him to take these dueling pistols in and pawn them. They gave the guy a whole scenario what was going to happen.
    Definitely call BS on the 22 shooting.. Another thing is Chum always tests the guns to see if they are safe. Of course they are or they wouldnt let him fire them. They are checked well before anything goes bang.
    As mentioned the history is good on some things on other things they are way off.
  17. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    yuuuuuuuup i watch the show and i know a lot of it is b.s.however who in gods green would ever watch snookie,this shows what may be happening to america.when you say reality and its about some stupid kids and slut girls why not watch the test screen instead.yes i know i got off the subject but at least pawn stars is some entertainment.i also know that as far as the american restoration that guys rips people off bad.............. old semperfi
  18. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

It's like the storage auction/wars/hunters/ guys too... that don't happen in Florida. The person that owns the storage place has first dibs on everyting and you will never find a gun in a storage unit...not around here.
  19. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

the whole show. All those reality shows are a joke. They should call them unreality shows. I guess the worst one is that Lizard Lick Towing show. It makes me want to gag the stuff they portray as true. Those guys would go to jail 5 times a week if half what they said was true. Same goes for the truth on the pawn shows. If there was that much money in antiques everyone in my area would be filthy rich. Instead they're filthy poor. ;) You don't just run onto 3 Civil War collectables and a pair of ruby slippers every week like they do on those shows. What a joke. I guess comedy comes in many forms these days.

+1 on Chumlee not getting his head blown off every other show. The guy is clearly way smarter than his character on the show (and it is a character in a play). Not even idiots pick up 400 year old guns and shoot them to see if they work. Well if they did do it they're probably dead by now.
  20. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Im with most of you. Just a show to watch and just as stupid as all the rest of the unreality shows on these days.TV has gone to hell.