Appeal to Obama to ban assault weapons

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by JohnBrainard, Jul 25, 2012.

1. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Someone I know posted the following blog entry asking Obama and Congress to ban assault weapons. I'd love to see people from the forum set him straight.

http://stepupliving.blogspot.com/2012/07/please-ban-assault-weapons.html

Respectfully of course! I know I don't have to say this and the comments so far are respectful.

Thanks for commenting. I truly hope he and those who read his blog see the truth about gun ownership. What he's proposing will only create more violence as Jack pointed out happened in Australia.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I clicked on the link and the first thing I saw was an M16 with a grenade launcher on it. Isn't that already heavily controlled by Federal law? I don't know anybody that owns an M16 with an grenade launcher on it.

We had an Assault Weapon Ban at the Federal level from 1994 to 2004 and it did next to nothing to stop violent crime.
  3. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan Member

I Love this response...was that you Jack404? :)
    Jack ZedeeJuly 25, 2012 7:54 AM
    Sir, I'm Australian , 17 years after our gun ban now and this month we have had 81 shootings in sydney alone, Prior to gun control we had a average of 11 malicous shootings a year ( folks shooting at folks) and a few hundred shoot in the air and birthdays christmas and new years , Thats fact ! , Crime went up like a rocket ,

every criminal has a assault rifle here , they are cheaper now that when they where legal as the criminals MAKE THEM HERE , its a big business ..

Please dont be fooled by those who say taking guns away helps , it doesn't , honest ,
    i can show you all the independant info on it , facts , yes nuts flip out , but if there where 2-3-4 people in that theatre , the shooter would have died before he emptied that magazine , look at all the shooting like this that have been stopped by guns , gun free zone only ensure the killing goes on and on

people dont get to far when armed citizens or cops are close ..

keep your guns

lose the idiots

he and many like him involved in "occupy" started destructive acts , violence was asked for and a few weeks later he does this ? i aint surprised , he learned what to do with those who want the guns gone ..

dont fall for it , we've been fighting back for our guns here and its hard

and we have to duck for cover as the criminals also dont want guns legalised , too much money in it

if you wish info on the assault waepon factories , the post office that was bought for the purpose of importing thousands of illegal pistols and assault weapons and HEAVY Machine Guns , drop by the link and ask ..

but do get facts of what it is like when they take the guns , it'll stop assault rifle crime , for about 4 weeks ,,, then they'll have supplies at a price and then because you dont have a gun they'll invade your home hold you hostage and do what they wish with your family and get every cent and thrill outta you they can , so they can afford a assault rifle or uzi clone

and tell half a street to pay up in one go ...

oh the joys of gun control and multi culturalism
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yep thats me
  6. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Thanks Jack!

Hope to see more join in.
  7. skullfr

skullfr New Member

8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no worries , i'm tapping away all over, one more , alway make time for one more ;) .. its important ..

cheers
  9. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

He also stated that you can buy "assault rifles" at Bass Pro Shops. As far as I know, they don't sell those types of guns. At least not at the store in Auburn, NY and I didn't see any in the Mesa, AZ store when I visited a couple weeks ago.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i added a bit about tacticool
  11. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Sadly, he posted the following on Facebook:

Columbine 1999
    Aurora 2012
    Some things never change​

He left out "Colorado Springs 2007" where an armed member of the Church shot and killed the assailant. He also left out Aurora, 2012 (April) where an assailant was shot before he had a chance to take more lives.

Thankfully, common sense isn't entirely dead.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...hootings-gun-permits-20120724,0,4681589.story

According to the article, the people aren't just buying the guns, they're also taking safety courses. Hopefully they'll carry and make Colorado a safer place to live!
  12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

One has to wonder if B.O. would prefer to send his own family to the movies

without the protection of guns...
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Seems you folks are forgetting something here. You are facing the liberal mindset. It is not something that can accept reason or facts, nor can it be swayed. There is a serious mental blockage that can not be penetrated and you will never get them to see truth or reasoning. I wish there were some way to help them see the light, but even qualified mental health experts have tried and failed.
  14. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

Posted as anonymous..... I don't give out email addresses or names to lefties!
  15. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything to add to Jacks comment. He said it all.:thumbsup:
  16. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Yes, you can buy assault rifles at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, Mo. And others. Also at Gander Mountains and Scheels Sporting in Springfield, IL. As well as nearly every small, independent gun shop. I've been buying guns since the 60's and I still haven't found the need for an assault rifle....but that could change.
  17. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ditto. DD, hope others reading the comments have half a brain.
  18. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, I tried.

Dan, you are right; NO ONE will sway a died-in-the-wool Liberal. In their minds, pass a law and crime will stop.
    But - SOMEONE ELSE might read this blog.
    Someone NOT completely brain dead yet.
    And it is THAT person that we try to reach -
  19. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

He's already deleted most of our comments using the excuse that he doesn't allow anonymous comments or inflammatory remarks. I can understand anonymous comments to some extent, but I failed to see how Jack's comment was inflammatory.

Whatever makes people sleep better at night, I guess.
  20. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Did you guys happen to notice the blog creator removed a few comments?