Appomattox Slayings

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ski9393, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Yesterday I was more glad to own firearms than most days. About 3 or 4 miles from my parents house, a man snapped. He killed 8 people and forced a helicopter down. They called in over a hundred law enforcement officers from all over the state to get the man. He was out in the woods hiding, and there had been rumors that he was some sort of Former Marine Sniper or something, I don't know if that part is true or not. But I do know that It isn't too far to walk from that area to the backside of our farm through the woods. I stayed with my mother last night and kept my dad's 870 loaded and within arms reach because they hadn't caught the guy. He turned himself in this morning. But I didn't know if he was going to try to move under the cover of night come kill us and take a vehicle and clothes or what. I was glad I had a firearm. The bad part is, the anti gun nuts are going to use this as an example as why people shouldn't have guns. But what they won't say is that if we hadn't had guns, he would of probably just chopped those people up with an axe or something.
    By the way, I have to admit I was rather impressed that he took down a helicopter. It didn't explode or anything, it landed safely, he hit the helo 4 times and atleast one of those shots clipped a fuel line and they had to put it down in a pasture.
  2. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

In some situations, having a firearm in one's had can be an indescribably comforting sensation.
  3. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

Ski, glad to hear your fam is alright!! thats too close to home )
  4. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

My parents have a few dogs, so I put all but one out, turned on the outdoor lights, turned off the lights inside, and kept that shotgun near by. I figured it best to assume the guy was some sort of john rambo. I woke up every time I heard that damn dog move to his water dish last night though. I'll be real interested to find out what kind of firearm he was using. I think it was just a scoped hunting rifle, maybe a 30-'06 or .308 or something. I'll be even more happy to sleep at my home tonight in peace.
  5. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

rumors that he was some sort of Former Marine Sniper or something

Again with the Marines? Are we the only ones that can shoot?

Glad you're safe, by the way. I would have done the same thing.
  6. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

I was in the Corps too, that's probably why you would have done the same thing.
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

That's what my Dad always told me! Since in Korea when the Army was sent in to reinforce the Marines in a leap frog attempt to break the trapped Marines in the Chosin Res and the Army decided to rest and send the Marines in first, I would say YES!!!!!! :D :D