Appreciate prayer this week...

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by BlackEagle, Aug 19, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I may have a unique opportunity to witness to a Muslim this week.

I'm doing night shift, and safety rules require at least two to be working. I have been assigned, guessing from his name, a Muslim. He has been learning the testing I am doing, so will be in the same section of the lab I work in. In fact I will probably set him to work and observe and correct as necessary.

Now...the witnessing part: will have to be low key. Pray that if witness is to happen the right conversational topics will come up, that he asks the right questions, and I have the right answers.

Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. But you can salt his oats. Ask God to help me salt his oats the right way.

Thanks.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Prayers from Texas. Let us know how it goes.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

remember to ask why Mo stole from all the other Holy books but still ends up killing the bearers of his teachings , thats not what a true God would do , the followers of Jesus must be killed , what would Issa say ? ( Issa is islamic for Jesus )

the followers of abraham ( Ibrahim in arab) must be killed what would Ibrahim say ?

my people must go forward but mohamed said to wipe them out

who was right ?

I think Ibrahim and Issa are correct

and why diod mohamed write 2 korans

one when he wanted to make friends and later one that made him ruler of all ..

and killed anyone that disagreed with mohamed , even when mohamed got things wrong other paid for his mistakes

and would God really allow a goat to eat part of the koran if it truely was a holy book ??

ask Issa if these things are real or was there a mistake ?

explain Issa will show the way if he allows it and show him how to Pray to Jesus

( done this a few times eh .. )

Prayers and best wishes for you in your efforts
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Lord, I come before you this morning upholding BlackEagle.
    He may have a chance this week, Lord, to witness to a precious soul that is on the wrong path.
    I ask, Father, that you would open a door for him.
    I ask that you would guide the circumstances this week in such a way that witnessing to this lost person becomes possible.
    I ask that you would give BlackEagle the right words to say.
    I ask that you would soften the heart of this Muslim to make him receptive to those words.
    I ask that you would give him every chance to recognize the falsity of the path he is on, and bring him into your kingdom -
    And I ask all of these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Son of the One True God.

Amen -
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

7. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen

Heavenly Father, I lift BE & this Muslim up before you in the name of you Son Jesus. I pray Father you send the Holy Spirit ahead & begin the work of conviction that leads to conversion.

I also pray Father that BE be submissive & obedient to the prompting of your Spirit. I pray you quicken his spirit & sharpen his ability to sense your direction Father. May a seed be planted in this meeting that will blossom and bear the fruit of salvation for this man.

In Jesus Name-

-
  8. BlackEagle

Thanks for the prayers, guys.
    I know you were praying. The conversations we had over the course of the night were good.

General interest; family, where we both came from (he's from Karachi, I believe). When I told him my parents had driven through Pakistan in 1974 he was interested. Dad had given a report, once he got back to the US on this missionary trip, which I have on MP3 somewhere; he wants to listen to it. God was very much at work during that trip, so he will hear what God can do. I have to find it and burn it to CD. Tomorrow, maybe. He was a teacher, training teachers before coming to the UK and was proud of how he saw teachers passing on things he had taught them. So I told him about Paul, his Damascus road conversion and a little of his ministry, and zeroed in on 2 Timothy 2:2 because what Paul was doing was what he was doing with teachers. He appeared very interested. Saul who became Paul, the prosecuter/killer of Christians who became one of the most zealous missionaries for Christ.

Dad in Russia, talking with Russian educational ministers who said they had the facts, just needed absolute standards of right and wrong to apply the facts and knowledge correctly and Dad telling them he knew of 10 Absolutes.

The church and government; what to do if the government tells the church do disobey God? Civil disobedience; prepared to go through the consequences.

4 more nights...Appreciate continued prayers.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen.
  10. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Ask him if you would be allowed to visit Mecca. I was discussing a few things with a muslim co-worker once and he flat out told me they would not allow me in Mecca. Otherwise he was a congenial fellow. Just before Easter he gave me a gift. It was part of the goat they had sacrificed for the coming Easter. I did grill it and consumed it but it was a very tough meat. If I remember correctly his religion required him to turn towards Mecca and pray four times a day, it seemed to be a very strict rule. We had a little sanctuary that he and some of his brethren used. Meanwhile, I'm doing his work and my work.
  11. BlackEagle

Thanks again, guys for the ongoing prayers.

Mostly developing working relationships.

Jack, many thanks for the guidance. You've been there, done that; I'll try to learn from your experience. Some of the "Hard" questions will come in time.

whymememe, my parents ran into that when they were driving across the middle east in 1974! but it is a valid question I could ask him.
    Last night was almost all work. We looked at google maps of Pakistan and Indana where I grew up and compared a few more notes, but it was mostly teamwork keeping the equipment and testing moving along.

See what tonight brings. Asking that God will give me the right "salt" for his oats.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  12. BlackEagle

13. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

BE, are you employed in a medical laboratory?
  14. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Just what I thought.
  15. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Praying for you brother............
  16. BlackEagle

I used to work in a medical lab while in the US, and have worked in a medical lab over here; now I'm working in an oil lab.

I still have my AMT membership.
  17. BlackEagle

Thanks for the prayers, guys.
    Last night was the last of the night shifts. My co-worker sounded as if he was sorry; like he would miss the conversations.

I had mentioned a missionary trip my parents made in 1974, and the report they made afterwards. They travelled through his home town. I have it on MP3 somewhere, and he asked specifically if he could get a copy of it. I'll have to get him a copy of that report somehow.

He was very open, it was friendly conversation, and God willing, some seeds of the Gospel were sown. It was easy to be up front and share some passages from Scripture. We were not attacking each other or each other's religion. In our conversations I mentioned several times something about becoming a Christian; God grant that it will be a splinter in his thinking and preconceptions.

Now it will be interesting to see how God continues this. It seems I will be seconded to another site for the next year.
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Pray , He'll keep on it ;) He's good that way
  19. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

What's an AMT membership and describe what a Dimension is?
  20. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

You would be allowed into Mecca, you are an infidel. Me, I could care less about Mecca or those goat stinking Ba$tards. Am I violating, if so send me a private message