Approx value of Ruger #3 in 22 Hornet

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by GBertolet, Jun 9, 2011.

1. GBertolet

GBertolet Member

I have one that I want to dispose of. I have a Hicks accurizer on it, along with Redfield bases and rings. I bought it used in the 80's and it's just gathering dust. I am getting into high end airguns and I want to convert some unused powder burners into cash to pursue that interest. I see on *** ****** used #3's in Hornet are listed from $700 to $900. That seems a little high, or are they really that much in demand commanding that price. I am not all that familiar with grading guns. I just need a ball park figure so I know I am not cheating myself. There are no visible scratches on the stock or metal, and the bluing is all there. It was shot very little. The only alteration is on the fore end from installing the Hicks Accurizer and getting it to shoot satisfactorily. I was planning on trying to sell it on consignment at the local gunshop, or sell it outright if the proprieter makes a decent offer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
  2. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Often there is a big difference between the asking price and actual sale price.
    My book is showing a Number 3 carbine at:

$625 Excellent Condition
    500 VG
    300 Good
    200 Fair

Oddly, it does not give a premium for the 22 Hornet. Expect the gun shop to offer considerably less for your #3, which is a stripped down, bare bones (though highly serviceable) version of a #1.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  3. GBertolet

GBertolet Member

Thank you Contenderizer, your figures sound more realistic.