Ar-15 builds

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by justsomeguy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

justsomeguy, how do their prices compare to the rest of the AR world, better, worse, or about the same? Do they sell just receivers or the whole gun?

Question about lubrication - once I get to going on the build, do I lubricate pretty heavily to start with or as I go along? Do I lube every thing such as the chamber, bore, inside the bolt carrier and the firing pin? Or do I run it pretty dry to start with?

EDIT: I will be using Silver Bullet Gun Oil
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Well for a strip down receiver i do beleive they are gonna retail for about 99.00 i dont dont find that to be too out of reality. They are extremely concerned with quality and fitment they know all to well if its not a good piece being a new company they wont be around long. Its my modo as well!!!
  3. gdmoody

I got a few more parts in today. I got the gas tube, bolt carrier with key, and the flash hider, from DPMS.

I ordered the armorers tool, punches, stock, and delta ring assembly from The Sportsmans Guide a week before I ordered these items. I wonder where they are??

I just looked at the order status there and see they are all back ordered but show an "expected ship date" if 4/11/12 (last week).
  4. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Hey I am thinking a wilson combat barrel its gonna end up being a higher end project i think!!!!
  5. gdmoody

Here is my final results. I decided to put an old triangle A1 flash hider on it. I bought both an A2 round hand guard and an A1 triangle hand guard. I can't decide which one looks better but I am leaning toward the triangular set.

Attached Files:

6. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Hey i dig it gdmoody looks nice!!! how would you rate the complexity of the build
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Looking good ,George! Hard call on the handguards. :)
  8. gdmoody

It was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. The ONLY problem that I had was attaching the snap ring that holds the delta ring to the barrel nut. I do not have a set of snap ring pliers so I used a punch and it slipped and gouged the crap out of my finger. I can truly say that I gave some blood for this build :rolleyes:.
  9. gdmoody

Yeah, I am still a little partial to the triangle ones!!