1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AR 15 finally!

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/12/03 5:45:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All

AR 15 finally!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I've been wanting one as long as I can remember, so I finally broke down and bought a Bushmaster preban .223

My lord, I couldnt believe the accuracy at 100 yrds, open sights, 21mph wind gusts out beside the lake...Just tore the chest out of a man size target...I'm happy.

Soooo....I wanna order a couple thousand rounds for plinking, and after looking at my normal on-line ammo sites I cant decide what to buy...any help?

I know I dont want wolf, I want to reload the brass, and I want as much ammo as I can get for my money, anyone tell me what .223 bullet to look for?
    ------------------
    United We Stand

m4ranger
    (1/13/03 11:20:26 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del re
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wolf is cheap, but wolf jams too much for my liking.

I bought a 1000 rds of lake city for $179 and had no problems with it. Check the usual suspects like Cheaperthandirt.com as they usualy have some decent bargains. Cabellas has some quality ammo as well.

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/14/03 11:21:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: re
    M4
    Thanks for the response...good to meet you, good to have you aboard.
    ------------------
    United We Stand

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/14/03 5:21:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: re
    So you are still out there????

LTS

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/14/03 11:03:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Donny,

Is you been a'court'n or sumpin?

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 11:22:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

I must admit, this silly mmorpg (online game) I was telling you guys about has trapped me big time, it's alot of fun, a real nice stress reliever.

But I aint gone nowhere, still check in pretty frequent...I'm here to stay.

------------------
    United We Stand

USA VET
    (2/4/03 8:49:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AR 15 finally!
    I just bought 2000 rounds of South African .223 for $138.00 a 1000 from J&G Sales out of Prescott Az. Non-Corrosive, shoots great, no jams. I have a Dillon Pregressive press but there is no way I can reload .223 as fast as I shoot it up. I have 3 AR's, one Colt SP-1 Shorty Pre-Ban, one Pre-ban Car built on a PWA lower and a post ban bushy Car flat top with the C-More system red dot. I love em all! I won't get into my Springfield M1A right now. Check out J&G Sales in ShotGun News and they have a web sight too.

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/03 1:15:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: AR 15 finally!
    I appreciate the response...as luck would have it I was looking at some South African rounds on the ammoman site.
    I was wanting to stock up on a bunch of "good cycling rounds" for plinking, so that when I do get to get out and shoot, I wont have to think about how many rounds im going through.
    ------------------
    United We Stand

reload9mm
    (2/5/03 1:34:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AR 15 finally!
    I reload too, and I have found the best way to is to buy Once fired brass. There are a lot of places to buy brass on the net, like ar15.com, Midwayusa, etc. You may have to do some searching, but do the math. If you buy 2000 rounds for $138.00, you are paying .069 cents for the brass. ( I hope I'm not stepping on USA VET'S toes) but if you can get 2000 once fired brass for $58.00 , that's .029 cents a round. Make any sense? Then of course for $138.00, you can shoot the rounds, and have TRUE once fired brass. I hope this makes some sense, it's 1:32 am here, and I'm getting tired. Anyway, keep feeding that hungry AR 15 like me!!!!!!!

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/8/03 11:42:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: AR 15 finally!
    Makes lots of sense, as a reloader myself I totally agree...only problem is I just havent bought the .223 dies yet, havent felt the urge to reload lately, and want a nice pile of rounds to plink with...So I'll buy a couple thousand rounds to plink with and save the brass for the day that the reloading bug bites again.

~Donny