AR-15

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by CountyWorker, Mar 31, 2010.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

6.8 isnt any harder to get than anything else right now. SSA has a great line that is sold at www.cheaperthandirt.com. Components are readily available for handloading and Hornady offers a couple different factory loadings available from various dealers. As well as remington premier 115 gr corelokt ultra. nasty stuff on deer and hog from what Ive read.;)
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

1600-if it had a M203 cut out,heacy barrel and a bayonet lug. If it had a A3 upper. Not it the current configuration.
  3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

The Colt is overpriced by way too much.

The 5.56 is a LOT of gun, in an AR. You put 30 rounds of 5.56 out there and that's a lot of lead going down range. More accurate than any 7.62x39 too.

Put the money you save into mags and ammo. You'll be glad you did.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I agree with most of the posts in that $1600 is over priced. I just bought a used 5.56 for $675 but it was a Bushmaster. With Colt you are mainly paying for the name, IMO.
  5. bigd1590

bigd1590 New Member

if u want a 7.62x39 rifle buy a high quality ak, such as a arsanal i own ar's and ak's and both are nice but what i am saying buy an ar if you want 308, and or 223 if you want an 7.62x39 buy an arsenal mine will do 3/4 inch one hole groups at 100yrds i own enough guns that i know what to use what for i liek my ar's for light weight and my ak's are for when and if i need to go to war again. just my 0.02
  6. stitch1870

stitch1870 New Member

If anyone if well versed in the AR game I'd much like an opinion on the following. Found a Cavalry Arms AR today for a little over $500, 5.56mm, free floating 20inch (or so) HBAR, A4 upper, with what looked like Harris bipods. Kicking myself now for not getting a better look at it but I wasnt thinking at the time. Would greatly appreciate anyone's input on whether this would be a good buy or not.
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

If I were you I would try to get a much better look. For $500 I really don't see where you can go wrong as long as it works fine. I am not a fan of the polymer lowers, but it may have a decent upper (chrome lined, m4 feed ramps...you never know till you look)that makes it a reasonably great buy.

BTW what you buy is what you get...it looks like CA was raided by the ATF and shut down.
  8. stitch1870

stitch1870 New Member

I'm just wondering if anyone has any working knowledge of CA. I've tried researching them a bit, but other than finding their bare bones accessories website and a few "ATF boned us bad FML" kinda things, haven't been able to find much on when they produced rifles. Just would like to know if they made good quality rifles or like so many other manufacturers just pushed rifles off the line at the cyclic rate without any consideration to the end user. I'm thinking about picking it up once I come into some money just so I can have something to fill my 5.56mm niche, would be perfect as either a varmint or target rifle. Basically looking for either a "great gun had fun with mine" or a "Don't do it, they're possessed by satan and will try to kill you" kinda thing.
  9. okiefired

okiefired New Member

Two makes that seem to be overlooked on this forum a lot are Armalite and LMT. thier price point is a little higher than most but thier quality (IMO) is much higher than most without getting into the customs like GAP, Les Baer, JP Pres., etc. I own three Armalites, 2 AR10's and a M15, all run like machines from day one. I looked at everything each time I bought but stuck with Armalite because of fit, finish and experience with them. Oh, and BTW, only Armalite builds AR10's. ;)

okie
  10. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

+1 on an Armalite.