ar-15

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by zkovach, Jun 4, 2010.

1. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

My buddy is looking at getting an ar-15. I dont know the details of them so help us determine which manufacturer is the best value. Looking for all around price and qualitity. we talked about colt , bushmaster, dpms, stag and olympic so far. Any suggestions or please rate them!! THANKS!!
  2. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

DPMS, Bushmaster, or Rock River to me is the way to go. for later resale i would go for the colt.
    bhk308
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

I am only familiar with the Colt and the Bushmaster, I would recommend either one with the edge going to Bushmaster for fit and finish. Functionality is excellent with both.

Ron
  4. Willie

Willie Active Member

I have Colt and Olympic. Both work well and are accurate. The Oly was cheaper when new and has had no probs at all. Totally pleased with both.
  5. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

I bought a Doublestar last year. I've dropped a ton of ammo through it with zero malfunctions. I used it to shoot best in class at an IDPA 2 gun match and would not hesitate to put it up against any Colt or Bushmaster in both build quality and functionality.
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I have a preban Colt, bought for $440 new in late 80's. Also 2 Stagg 15's; like the Staggs. Second Stagg is a piston; might consider that one, around 1100 in Ak; maybe less in lower 48. I'd like to get an LWRC but they are quite high. I think nx AR will be an armalite 338 federal.

I see many used AR's on the local lists online, reasonable too.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a brand new never been shot bushmaster with carry handle, flash surpressor, bayonet lug and one 30 round mag and a hard plastic case I will sell for 899.00. I have seen this same gun for 1100.00 and up.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  8. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I love my Bushmaster and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    most major brands have quality ars and other than personal choice i dont think it makes a lot of difference.i have had colt,olympic,double star and a few more and they are all great guns.i just purchased another olympic flat top with bull barrel new, for around 700.00 i dont think you can buy any of the others that cheap.my oly arms eliminator shoots as well if not better than my colt match target.your choice old semperfi