AR-7 Reassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/25/01 9:31:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AR-7 Heeeellllllppppp!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, I decided to disassemble my dads old AR-7 survival rifle, because it needed a good cleaning badly. Wellll, as I have no paperwork, and cant find an online guide, I got stuck in the middle it. Im "pretty" sure how to get the thing back together, but I've still to get the bolt out. The extending handle/arm (used to move action) on it, still needs to come off in order to remove bolt, and im not sure how.

If you an AR-7 expert, pleeease lemme know in full detail how to disassemble and reassemble one. If you know an online source thats tells how, lemme know.

jeeper1
    (11/25/01 10:55:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AR-7 Heeeellllllppppp!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think you need to remove the ejecter first, It's been 15+ years since I've had one.

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/25/01 10:58:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AR-7 Heeeellllllppppp!
    Ok, I decided to skip a total disassembly, BUT now I cant even get the trigger mech. back together. Argh!!!

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/01 2:13:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Phew
    After a few hours of trial and many errors, I finally got that thing back together. Makes my AR15 assembly look like childs play. Hopefully the AR-7 will extract now that its been cleaned.

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/26/01 10:08:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Phew
    ME TOO....Phew
    Glad I wasn't there.
    Your neighbors AR-7 goes back together in about 30 seconds....(really?)
    just be thankful that you are near enough
    to see it happen! LOL
    Charlie D

Take everyone seriously
    except yourself.