1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ar barrels

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by sorral, Nov 18, 2009.

1. sorral

sorral New Member

Does anyone know about Ar 15 barrels that are nitride treated? Do they need to go through a break in process or are they more like a Chrome line barrel?
  2. sorral

sorral New Member

Being new to ARs, I was trying to find answers about barrels, types, and breaking in. After hours of research and a few tries in my favorite search engine, I came accross this article. It was so helpful that I decided to post a link to it. I am hoping to save other Newbies some time and headaches that I have suffered looking for information. I did send the link by email to my gunsmith buddy who is also my shooting instructor and he said that the information was very good and well explained....so enjoy!

http://www.6mmbr.com/GailMcMbreakin.html

Ps... I hope I am not in violaton to the TOS of this site, I am just trying to share information with others.:D