AR lowers

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Helix_FR, Jan 19, 2010.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Spikes are good, I aint had no problems and I have 2 under my belt with spikes tactical, one had a neat punisher logo on it. the other was plain. both guns assembled without issues. and were fine shooters at the range;) We used a DPMS heavy stainless 24" bbl on one and a 18" 6.8 spc by rock river on the other. In both cases the barrels cost more than an assembled lower:eek:
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Helix_FR:

You may want to check with the BATF before you start to get the regulations for such a task. Manufacturing a gun (and the bare lower is a gun by the BATF regulations) can be illegal if done the wrong way (??).

LDBennett
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Got it covered. I contacted my investigating agent about such task. We are good to go. Just can't sell it which after the hours of work I have in it, I don't want to. Serial numbers are a option and a good idea for identification reasons like if it is stolen.

LD you probably know this but here it is for reference for those people that are searching info.

"With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a nonlicensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms.

However, a person is prohibited from making a semiautomatic assault weapon or assembling a nonsporting semiautomatic rifle or nonsporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machinegun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a federal or state agency."

[18 U. S. C. 922 (o), (r), (v), and 923, 27 CFR 178.39, 178.40, 178.41 and 179.105]
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

"An application to make a machinegun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a federal or state agency."

I thought the government was suppose to fear the people, and not the other way around?
  5. Gunkpowder

Gunkpowder New Member

I had the same results.