AR Mag Magnet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warriflefan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

Has anybody used one of these? I didn't see many reviews on a quick search of google results.

http://ar-magmagnet.com/
  2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I don't need it on mine, but it looks like a good idea and would work great......
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

What the heck is it?
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh My... I may have just found a hidden side to myself that I have never known existed. Just looking at that rifle, really, really @#$%)^ me on. Thanks for the link.

I'm with bobitis, I can't even see where it's at on the weapon. But I did bookmark it. :cool:

I do know that California has a 10 round max for civilians. If that means anything.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

It's a magnetic button cover over the mag release button to enlarge it. I don't see the need myself, BUT I do see the need for that grenade launcher and a pallet of grenades!!:D:D:D:D
  6. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I think it's a California thing. They can't have mags that are able to be removed from the rifle (if I'm correct). With this mag release they can leave the top off when in state and be legal ,then put it on when they are out side Hell(Calif) and use the release button as intended. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  7. raven818

I want it ALL. Don't have any AR type weapon :( , but I want one so bad I actually dream about them on occasion. They are the reason I joined forums. Idealy, for me ( go ahead and laugh ), a .22 with that look is all I need to get me part way there, Anything bigger, like a 7.62, and my wife and dogs wouldn't know I existed, unless I was leaving it to feed myself. It's a huge OCD, in it's worse form. :( :(
  8. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Thanks Frosty I forgot about that stupid rule of theirs. You got it on the nose.
  9. raven818

You can buy 10 round mags in California that separate from the weapon. It just can't exceed a 10 round capacity. Pretty sure about that. I know it to be true for 15-22's that ship there.
  10. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

Here in california the law reads something like:

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:
    12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:
    Rifles
    (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of
    the following:
    (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
    (B) A thumbhole stock.
    (C) A folding or telescoping stock.
    (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
    (E) A flash suppressor.
    (F) A forward pistol grip.
    (2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10
    rounds.
    (3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
    Note: Bayonets and bayonet lugs are not assault weapon characteristics under California law.

But a tool can be used to remove any part of the gun, a tool includes a bullet point. This mag magnet falls into the "tool" category. It's a grey area with the DOJ. They don't want to rule on it because then they would have to accept it as an official tool. (Speaking of Official Tool, have you seen any of Eric Holders testimonies before congress).
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

'The MAG. MAGNET INC.™ is 100% USA designed and built. The California Department of Justice has not approved or disapproved of our product'.

This pretty much tells me it's a worthless product. :bleh:

Why would anyone want a product that defeats the purpose?:confused:

Do people that own these types of firearms really think those that inspect them are that stoopid? :rolleyes:
  12. Juker

Juker New Member

Good grief.

Even with the FOID card and being the only state without concealed carry (Thanks again, Governor Pat Quinn, you spineless tool), Illinois has no classification restrictions like California.
  13. raven818

With Rahm Emanuel as the new mayor, you can bet all you got that it's not going to change either.
  14. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

I wonder how long until Rahm threatens a reporter with an SKS like mayor Daley did.