1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AR manufacturers

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by uzim16, Dec 13, 2010.

1. uzim16

uzim16 New Member

For all AR Rifle brands, who are real part makers like Colt and Sabre? and who just buy parts and put them together?
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I saved a link that I thought had info for a good reply.

But the link was a dead one and couldn't find what i was looking for.

I did find this discussion at AR15 on the subject. I was going to post the manufacturers here but I think it would be best if you read what was said there. Some very good points were mentioned.

Here's a link to it.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=519837
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    other than remington,i think most manufacture their own barrels,the only reason i mention this is that they as a company own or are in partner with so many others that it would not be economical to do otherwise. i also think in this day and age with cnc machineing you would be hard put to find anyone manufacturing sub par barells. old semperfi
  4. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

old semperfi,

You might want to follow the link I posted above. I found I interesting, you will also.