1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AR question

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    (9/9/01 10:55:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AR question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got somebody trying to sell me a cobbled-together AR.

Lower supposed to marked "COLT SPORTER TARGET" but it has a "M4" upper with 16" barrel, supposedly also Colt. Upper has bayo lug and flash suppressor. Seller claims it is "pre-ban" per serial number.

1) My understanding is that the Sporter Target is #6551, a blue label gun, that had a 20" barrel, making this a parts gun.

2) I also think the Sporter Targets are ALL post-89, but not necessarily post-94. Either way makes the bayo lug illegal.

I passed on the deal.

So, is this another I'm gonna kick myself in the keester over?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/9/01 11:13:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: AR question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Start kicking yourself, Doc.......

Edit: Just so you know how hard to kick yourself.

If the blue label is a preban(confirming the serial#) so it does not matter what gets put on the upper(bayo-Flash-hider) Blue Label Colts, were Colts idea on conforming prior to the "Bad gun ban" not the Government rules. The lower alone is worth big bucks, strip it apart and make even more. Whats the phone number, PLEASE????????

To verify, you will need the first two letters and three digits of the serial number to confirm it is a preban.

****EDIT TO CLAIRIFY****

Adding a M-4 upper to this model is a no-no, but only if it does have the Bayo-lug. Blue Labels had a flashhider on some models. Remember a lot of Blue Labels, were Green Labels first and the bayo lug was ground off at the factory.....to make them "Blue Labels" conforming to the ban. Always check the serial #

*** EDIT ***

That's what I thought, the bayo lug is a problem. Anyway, I made an offer of $1K. The SN is pre-94.
    I could be wrong......Nah!

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 9/10/01 9:40:30 am

AntiqueDr
    (9/9/01 11:36:27 pm)
    You figure $1200 - $1500 retail?

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/10/01 1:10:27 am)
    Yep, just for the lower. Make extra on the upper.

AntiqueDr
    (9/10/01 8:41:16 am)
    That's what I thought, the bayo lug is a problem. Offered $1K, plan to sell it in halves if I buy it.

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/10/01 12:10:24 pm)
    That rifle has another problem, 4pos. stock. This is a very illegal setup. WARNING!! WIL ROBINSON!!!! WARNING!!! DANGER!!!