AR Shorty

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by 45Smashemflat, Dec 12, 2003.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Anyone have any experience with any of the super short Pre-Ban uppers available? I've looked at several 7" units.

Questions - other than "cool looking and loud" can you do much with them? Functional problems? What's the tax stamp process?
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Mainly a close quarter weapon and accuarate to 100 yards or so. Loud, oh man!!!!! These sometimes replace the MP-5 for greater firepower in special ops and other applications, sometimes suppressed. This would be considered a short barreled rifle in semi-auto.

LTS
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Whether or not you can get it through the seller is 1 thing, however, you should be able to get it through the transfer dealer.
    Or of course, apply yourself?

Here's what the form looks like.
    .pdf format http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f53204.pdf
  4. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

where do you give the dna sample ?

who takes Possession of your first born ?
  5. stash247

stash247 New Member

Because of the greater gas pressure, since the bullet is a lot closer to the chamber when it passes the gas port, the shorties frequently require some "tuning", I'm told, to function reliably.
    Also, you will want new springs in the mags because of the shorter cycle time.
    Terry
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

45smashem...I've never had one of them critter's...If ya get one let us know what ya think!...;)