AR type .308's VS M1A1 rifles?

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rhinoman
    (12/24/02 12:45:56 pm)
    Reply AR type .308's vs M1A1 Rifles?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As earlier posted I am considering a Springfield Armory M1A1 rifle. Originally I was looking at the Super Match but am also considering the M1A1 Squad Scout Rifle. How do AR .308's compare, more specifically the ArmaLite AR-10A4 SPR with SS barrel? Does anyone have experiences with either of these weapons?

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/24/02 10:37:11 pm)
    Reply Hmmmm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    no experience with either but i Love the springfields as i am going to get one myself!!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/24/02 10:51:16 pm)
    Re: Hmmmm
    I have experiance with both. The AR-10 is quite a weapon. To me one of the downfalls of the AR-15 is the .223 caliber. THe AR-10 makes a battle rifle out of this system. FUn factor is maxed out when shooting. I have no experiance with accuracy potential with the AR-10 but I am sure all the tricks that are done to make the AR-15 shoot super accurate can be done to the AR-10. And the .308 round is known for match shooting and it's hunting uses also.

The M1A is a super battle rifle. Long and heavy it gives the feeling of serious firepower. I love mine and will not give it up. To me it is kind of hard to campare it to an AR-10. About the only thing they have in common is the caliber.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps
    Don't blame yourself or anyone else for your mistakes or the downfalls of the USA. BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH.