1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AR57

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by 6x6pinz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Well I put a 57 upper on one of my bushmasters the other day. What a blast that is. Virtually no muzzle jump and extremely easy to control. All double taps within 1/2" of each other while moving around (5 specific areas) on a silhouette target at 25yds. I found that one must keep the area directly under the magwell clear:eek: I can't wait to get the M16 out and see if the AR57 mags can keep up with the auto fire rate
  2. cakes

cakes New Member

Put a 30 round mag in the mag well, but take out the spring and follower first. You will have a built-in brass catcher.
  3. gaw

gaw New Member

Here in W.A. we dont get to have SBRs SBSs or F.A. I wanted to get as close as I could to a SBR so I built a AR 57 Pistol. Its a great weapon. I shoot it suppressed w/ a 9mm can I have. I plan on puting a baby Acog on it.I also have a mag I gutted as a brass catcher. It hols all 50 rounds.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  4. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

any other mods to the mag that would need to be done. I have some old metal mags from my other ar's that just don't work anymore. The brass catcher idea would be great and still maintain some of the looks without the ugly bag on it.
  5. gaw

gaw New Member

I cut mine 1/2 in. above the notch for the mag catch. It works great. Cut the mag as low as you can to reduce the risk of a jam from a shell getting wedged between the mag and the upper. I dont have any problems w/ mine.
  6. gaw

gaw New Member

7. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

seems like what I have read so far is there is a different bolt available for the AR57 that will run FA. I still might just put it on and see if I am lucky enough to have one that works.