Archangel Delux Target Stock for Ruger 10-22

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Neverhome, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

I just received and finished installing this stock on my Ruger 10-22 action.
    I am very well pleased with it and I am particularly fussy about what I buy.

Unlike some other "plastic" stocks, this is one rigid unit and does not bend or flex at all. I highly suspect it is much more rugged than the original Ruger wood stock. The action dropped in and fit very well without any filing or modifications, and there are no gaps in the fit. The forearm is groved on the bottom to accept your fingers and thumbs and allows for a rock steady freehand hold. Sling swivels are molded into the foream and stock and appear very rigid. As a lot of others have mentioned I will have to work the finger screw to extend the moveable but plate as it is hard to turn, but in my case it fits perfectly as is. The ambidexterous cheek piece on the stock consistently aligns your eye with the scope. Some have said they cannot use iron sights with this stock due to its configuration. A quick check on mine appear to be useable but I am sure it all depends on an individuals physical build. It was slightly harder to use them than the standard stock, but useable none the less.

It came with a bolt buffer, extended mag rlease and a barrel shim that drops in under the barrel and it adjusted by a hex screw if you are not happy with the free accuracy from the free floating barrel. You can position the shim under the barrel in anyone of three places to adjust for barrel vibration if necessary. I have never had a bolt buffer nor did I even know what they were until it arrived. It is made of a polymer material and simply replaces the metal bolt stop that comes stock on the gun. From what I understand it absorbs some of the shock from the bolt and reduces the vibration to the scope. The extended mag release is a beautiful thing. One pull and the mag drops out without having to fumble.

Overall I am very impressed and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve accuracy or just would like to dress up a stock Ruger 10-22.

Neverhome:thumbsup:
  2. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

thanks for the write up Neverhome. i have been thinking hard about getting that stock for my ruger as well. you may have just helped me make up my mind. sounds like it is built pretty good!
  3. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

GunNut 89,

You are most welcome. I am sure you will be happy with it. Check the web for deals. I got mine from Amazon with free shipping. I noticed a few other places have them, some as low as $80.00 but you will have to pay freight. However, freight is only about $8.00. At least that is what was credited on my invoice.

The only thing I am not sure about is the bolt buffer. I installed it last night but got to thinking about it today and wonder what will happen to the bolt on the return if the buffer degrades. You can't see it once installed so if it goes it could be a problem. I am going to ask that question in the Technical Forum.

By the way, I also installed a flash suppresor/muzzle brake combination and a Ruger 25 round mag. Looks really nice and if you want to add a bipod, it extends the barrel length a couple of inches which keeps the bipod behind the muzzle. I have one coming in the mai which should arrive tomorrow. I'd post pictures but everytime I tried to upload one, it added my entire file. Don't need the world seeing everything. If you PM me your e mail address I will send you a picture.

Neverhome

Neverhome

Neverhome
  4. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

did u buy the bx 25 magazine? i have gone through way too many plastic fed mags and im gonna pick up some of those 25 round ruger ones next time i see them. and i would love to see a pic or two of the stock. i have two 10/22's and i want to trick out one of them. i gotta make up my mind on what stock and barrel i want to use.
  5. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

i sent u a pm
  6. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

GunNut89,

I bought the new Ruger 25 round clip. Have not used it yet but it has steel lips. Looks great with the stock.

Neverhome
  7. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

yeah thats the bx25. looks like quality built magazines
  8. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

Gunnut89,

I sent your pictures to your e mail address today. let me kow if you cannot open the attachments.

Neverhome
  9. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

Thanks for the pics man. thats a great looking rifle!
  10. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

You are most welcome. I replied to your e mail eariler today.

Neverhome