Are AR-15's accurate?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by 45nut, Mar 15, 2007.

1. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Man You had me ! I was right there with you sayin', yes, uh-huh, that's right....and then ya had to go and say ya don't need another Mosin! Dammit Man! Ain't no such thang as to many Mosins!
  2. gdcpony

gdcpony New Member

I don't post here much, but this one caught me. Too bad Gunhugger was so dismissive. I think he might have had a good bit more to add.

AR's are extremely accurate. Barrel length doesn't really matter, quality and good shooting does. Here is from another experiment I did on another forum. I love my little predator gun and can't wait to get home to it (deployed for another 2weeks)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can find a couple articles with details relating to this here:
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=564355
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=507874

Hope this simple photo explanation helps.
  3. fritz

fritz New Member

Here is a off the self Bushmaster Varmiter Special SS thaT shoots better than that!
    Here is a 15 shot group at 100 yards that can be covered by a dime, shot using two sand bags off the hood of my jeep, not a vice and a bench.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

If we're pickin' teams, I get first dibs on Fritz.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

NICE shoot'n fritz! Is that'a BSA 8-32x44 on that beast?
  6. fritz

fritz New Member

Thanks! Its a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40mm with mildots.
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice! I just got me a BSA 8-32x44 with mil-dots and was thinking yours looked alot like it. I put mine on my Rem .270 and so far, I'm liking the scope.
    Doubt that I'll ever have groups like you punched! That's flat-out a crazy, wicked group!:)
  8. fritz

fritz New Member

I like the bigger power scopes, they really help when shooting tite groups. I had a Leupold 4-12 on it but I have been reading how good the reviews are on these Bushnell Elites, so I had to buy one and try it, so far I love it. It is deffinitely doing its job!
  9. Jay

Jay New Member

As posted, Fritz, you're the King of the off-the-shelf AR's..... I also got the PM you sent re-enforcing your accuracy efforts. When do you hit the championship marksmanship trail?
  10. fritz

fritz New Member

All AR's are parts house guns, the only one that makes there own uppers and lowers are Olympic arms, the rest buy there uppers, lowers, barrels and other parts from various manufactors and put there names on them. They are all built like your AR, peiced together. Bushmaster uses Shaw barrels instead of Krieger.
  11. leftie21

leftie21 New Member

I cant afford it, but i was just wondering. How are Noveske's out of the box?
  12. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

I think most ARs are accurate enough, for their intended range. Quality ammo plays a big factor. And lets face it, theres alot of junk ammo on the shelves. Its made to go bang, and thats about it. Now and then, you get lucky and find some that works great, in a particular rifle.
    I handload almost everything I shoot. That being said, even my DPMS Oracle (nowhere near "top of the line") shoots 1/2" groups at 100yds, off the bipod. Im planning to get a free float handguard sometime, and that should help a little more. Other than a trigger job, its a stock rifle.