Are blacks under the impression that they're not allowed to vote on Tuesday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'm not trying to be mean, and I hope it's not construed in that manner but what is it with all the early voters I see on the news and hear about from personal witness that are almost entirely black voters? I don't get this, at all... :confused:

Why is Obama so hyped about early voting in this election?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/10/obama_encourages_early_voting.html

There are a few reasons I see behind this trend and maybe I'm totally wrong.

1.) Perhaps Obama believes that if people vote early there's less likelihood of something occupying them on Tuesday so that they cannot vote.

2.) Or, perhaps he believes that early voting will sway exit-poll standings in some fashion?....

3.) Or, perhaps he believes that folks will go back to the polls on Tuesday to vote again...

I spoke to one salesman who visited my work from NC on Thursday and he had voted early because he didn't know if he would be available on Tuesday to vote. He was concerned that in NC there was no ID required to vote (I didn't realize this either). In fact, we made a trip up to some relatives in NC today and also heard that some had early-voted while presenting no ID.

I'm not trying to cause a conspiracy theory but really, can someone explain to me why early-voting is being used by the Obama campaign as a rallying point so often in this election?

What are your thoughts on this, as I'm still dumbfounded at the strategy or lack thereof?... :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. durk

durk New Member

3. artabr

artabr New Member

I hate to say it this way and hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking It's number 3.
    I know 99.9% of the people will do the right thing, but 1/10 of 1% will throw the election. I hope and prey that this is not the case, but I don't have much faith that we will have a honest election. Past performance heightens my fears. :mad:

Art
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

INDEED :mad:
  5. Indian Creek 1

Indian Creek 1 Member

It's so they can all vote again Tuesday. They don't have to worry about their job keeping them from the polls.
  6. 44-40 Willy

44-40 Willy New Member

I am so glad that a picture ID is required here and they keep track of who voted early.
  7. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Interesting considering your arch-enemy Marlin held fair elections (as certified by the observation community) ;).
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Photo id required here.
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I heard several complaining about not being able to vote for Obama 6 months ago... they didn't want to wait for either early voting or election day. THEY WERE TIRED OF WAITING.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  10. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Shouldn't this be illegal?

You know, in Russia campaign activity is actually illegal for several days pre-election, and I think polls are also highly restricted around election time, if not outright outlawed (I think that is fairly common).

How can they release any data about early voting? I know it isn't statistically significant data (they aren't saying 90% of votes being submitted are for Obama or anything) but this could easily sway fickle voters!
  11. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

It's not so much a black thing as it is a stupid people thing. I know this because of the stupid people my (white) family. They have used and abused the wellfare system of pennslyvania (notice how this state always pops up?) for decades. From my standpoint it's a case of people who forgot what condoms are and got a bunch of kids they couldn't afford. So they look at us like we somehow owe it to them. Believe me, it's not a "black" thing as some of my black friends are not voting for him but most of my white ones are. It's a I don't want to work for it thing, so have the other guy pay for it thing. The liberal media does nothing but show the blight of our lower classes, which are typically minorities who all need our help because they went out and bought a tv and cable while being poor and are the ones watching and believing this crap.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  12. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I 100% think that it should be required everywhere. And the punishment for voter fraud should be years in jail, not a slap on the wrist. The single most important we do as a citizen is the that is most easily corrupted. And there is no reason for it.
  13. thakidc

thakidc New Member

I thought the voting early was so you couldnt change your mind. Less time for John to turn people to the red side. Also less time for peole to wake up and see Barrack for who he is and what hes trying to do.
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

thakidc, that's probably another reason to add to the list....

GMFWoodchuck, the matter really isn't that I'm complaining that so many black folks are supporting Obama. I'm just pondering why it seems that 90% of the early voters are black and that Obama is encouraging this practice.
  15. doug66

doug66 New Member

I voted 10-31-08, no id, but did have to sign in and county clerk checked to see if I was registered.

Will be out of town for work on 11-4-08 was my reason for voting early.

Your reasoning is probably correct, Ponycar.
  16. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

The reason it's not punished severely is that many legislators have a vested interest in seeing that it isn't highly regulated.

Logical deduction can show you who those legislators are. See which areas have more voter registrations that residents of legal age, then check and see who wins in those areas.
    Then, watch the winner of that area talk about voter ID laws "disenfranchising" voters. I personally believe that all voters who aren't real people--or who have already voted in this election--should be disenfranchised.

By letting voter fraud continue, I am disenfranchised, because someone gets to vote repeatedly to cancel out my vote.
  17. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

We don't have early voting in AL I guess we are just backward
  18. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I want to be on the winning team so I voted for McCain, he will win. The trouble is he may not get to hold the office because I honestly believe that Obama has the election rigged and we will not be able to prove it until it is to late. Come 2012 the country will be owned by Obama and his STAFF honest hard working middle class and the Poor will be sitting in their homes asking what happened and why can't it be stopped. Of course there will be no way to remove Obama from office he is the next Chavez!