1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Are Glocks Safe?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by hogger129, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Wolf 5.7

Wolf 5.7 New Member

I had a Glock 22, and I never felt unsafe. It was the first pistol my son shot. I have since sold it, mainly because the slide pinched my hand from time to time. It is the only firearm I have ever owned that has pinched me. So in that regard yes, Glocks are unsafe.

As far as the Glock 22 blowing up, I read the warning and never ran anything hot in it, and inspected the weapon after cleaning it each time (I do that with all of my guns). I never saw any signs of damage, but I never felt safe enough with it to risk anything spicy.

As far as glock's having accidental discharge and no safety, well each and every gun comes with the ultimate safety. Your noggin. If you use that, and know what your gun can and can't do, every gun is safe. I holstered my G22 many times and it never went off. I even dropped it once, it banged back of the slide first, and nothing happened, so in that regard Glock's are as safe as everyone else.
  2. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll find the lack of a "safety" to be anything more than your state of mind. I carry a Sig 226, a gun with no external "safety". If I've used the decocker, the gun will not shoot if you drop it or the like, but it will always go bang if loaded and you pull the trigger. Point being, if it's emergency time, you don't want to worry about a safety. I say state of mind as; it won't go off unless YOU pull the trigger. Trigger get snagged on something? Don't let it get snagged, and it won't shoot. Any gun is unsafe if handled unsafely.
  3. gcalloway

gcalloway New Member

I am primarily a wheel gun guy, but I sometimes carry my Glock 21. I also carry a backup LCP. I also use an instamatic camera. I like them because they all operate the same. Point and shoot. Is the Glock unsafe it depends on which end of the gun you are standing on when it goes bang.