Are Military CRs going away?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by polishshooter, Nov 17, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Just speculating, but is the "buyers" market for "original" milsurp CRs not long for this world?

I mean, what ELSE is out there qualified for CR if they never open up the Chinese market, which is unlikely now with the Dems in control again....

EVERYTHING Milsurp from this point forward is either AKs, which as Clinton said, will NEVER be CR, or selective fire.....which wilol be like pulling teeth to get on the list going forward....

And after the Russian/Eastern European stuff is gone, what do you think is out there?

Except for "odd lots" maybe from various third world countries, I think you better buy the "cheap stuff" ASAP, we MAY be limited to only buying from EACH OTHER soon, I'm afraid....:mad:
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well, by 1956 and beyond, most countries had gone to rifles/carbines with "select fire" capability......so it looks like a lot of the future Military C&Rs will be NFA Class III.

But......maybe North Korea and Vietnam will dump a bunch of old MNs and SKSs on the market......and we gave the South Koreans and South Vietnamese a lot of M1 Carbines.....so maybe there's some hope yet!
  3. polishshooter

Actually, the Clintons took care of that....the law passed then specifically says that US military weapons given or sold to another country CANNOT be "reimported...." I understand that the Danish and Greek M1s that the CMP are selling were technically "lent," not sold, so that's why they were allowed to come back in...

And as for the NKA having Mosins, I think that is a fat chance...MOST of their Mosins were lost in the South when they were cut off after Inchon, and they never got a "real" army reconstituted before the armistice...in fact, they had contracted with Poland for those 1952 M44s, which were never delivered before the armistice in 1953, so they have already been sold here...I in fact have two of them, and have owned at least 5 since i started...

Now SKSs may be there from after, but I think they got upgraded to AKs pretty quickly after the war...

China is our last great hope, and we saw some of what they had before Clinton cut it off, everything from captured M1s and M1 carbines, to Arisakas, Tokarevs, various Russian, Italian, German stuff and even a lot of BROOMHANDLES...plus the usual Siamese mausers and the like....but not ONLY did CLinton screw that up, he also made it so the Type 53 Chinese copies of the M44 are not CR either...

Now it MAY be a good thing for now, because all that money they'd get from us MAY be used against us, or funneled to somebody we don't like, but I'm thinking SOMEDAY....and you know Commies, they NEVER throw anything out....they could conceivably have MILLIONS of Arisakas and Type 53s....
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Their is still plenty of SKS's and Enfield's
  5. Kentuckian

Kentuckian New Member

An unissued '53 Polish M44 was my first milsurp rifle. I tend to believe the Polish M44s were the best ever made.
  6. polishshooter

Hold onto that '53, Kentuckian, any Polish other than '52s are rare....in fact, if I was you, I'd start looking for a '52 to shoot, and keep the '53 in great shape for the "investment..."

'52s are as good a shooter as any others, and many times are in mint shape, it's just that the millions extra they produced for the NKA makes them pretty "common...."

And I agree, the Polish M44s are the best....and not just because I'm a "homey...":D
  7. Kentuckian

Kentuckian New Member

Hmm....I didn't know a '53 was rare. Any idea how many were produced?