Are there any 22LR Revolver shooters up here

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fyimo, Aug 26, 2009.

1. fyimo

fyimo New Member

I love shooting my two S&W revolvers and at least one of them goes to the range with me everytime I go. I have a S&W K22 pre model 17 with 6 inch barrel and I have a model 17-4 with 8 3/8 inch barrel. They are both great shooters and extremely accurate and with the price of ammo a whole lot of shooting fun for a few bucks. :)

S&W K22
    [​IMG]
    S&W 17-4
    [​IMG]
  2. jrg

jrg New Member

Whoo whee - thems purdy shooting arns - congratulations on your good fortune. :cool:

Nothing near as pretty, but I'm getting aquainted with a recent buy, an original Charter Arms Pathfinder .22lr that is very light, and in a Simply Rugged holster, a light burden to carry.

[​IMG]

My first love are Ruger .22s though. A picture of some of my and my brothers guns. Single-Sixs, Super Single-Sixs, a Bearcat and even a birds gripped Heritage (new one) which is really making me smile.

[​IMG]

Cut down a Bianchi #1 rimfire holster to carry it - it does not project below my hip pocket and seated, will not push up on belt. Way cool.
  3. Tom

Tom Member

I love my S&W 17, 617 and 63 revolvers.

Attached Files:

4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Here is my model 18 (top) with it's bigger twin, a model 15.

Attached Files:

5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I have a High Standard .22 revolver with a 6" barrel fixed sights that was my Grandmas and I have a Colt .22/.22 WMR Peacemaker with a 4 1/2" barrel that I really like. The colt has a hair trigger too. :D
  6. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Fyimo, how do you like the 17-4? I've been looking for a long barreled S&W .22lr revolver. What I'd really like is the single shot third model perfected .22lr with the 10' barrel, but they are hard to find and expensive. Shot one once and fell in love........
  7. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    [​IMG]

Here's my 1958 mod 18 no dash. Camera puts more shine at muzzle than there really is. Easy single action trigger and so heavy there's virtually no kick at all. TJ
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  8. fyimo

fyimo New Member

A few weeks ago a friend and I shot it for the first time and it's very accurate and we shot Remington gold HP bulk pack ammo and it was scary accurate. Yes, I love it and can't wait to shoot a lot more ammo through it.

My K22 with a 6 inch barrel is a accurate gun and fun to shoot but the 17-4 is more accurate. After a lot of rounds (+200) the K22 gets hard to extract spent cases from the 17-4 doesn't have that problem.

Overall a great gun and one of the best I have bought for $550 out the door. :)
  9. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    You have great taste in revolvers Teejay...
  10. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    As do you my friend. I've always wanted a mod.15. I like the old school hand fillers you've installed. TJ
  11. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Add me to the list of .22 revolver shooters. S&Ws are great, my Model 617 is the most accurate modern revolver I own.

If you ever get a chance, you should try a Colt Officers Model Match .22 . I have two of them from the 1950s. The OMM is a beautiful gun . . . old world craftsmanship all the way.
  12. 45fullmoon

45fullmoon New Member

We've had a S&W 617 since 1991. It's had more rounds put through it than any other gun we've got (except maybe my Marlin 39A), and I also tend to take it along on every range trip.

Ours has a 6" barrel with the target trigger and the target hammer spur, and I replaced the grooved grips with some target grips.
  13. Keystone

Keystone New Member

I have the Heritage Rough Rider with 6.5 barrel. Have both cylinders in .22lr and .22mag. I also ordered from heritage Company a set of their Black mother of pearl grips.

Attached Files:

14. jpmccr

jpmccr Member

Here is my M-48 (6" barrel) 22 Magnum. DOB 1959. Great shooter too!!!!!!!!!!! The photos are the same pistol. I took the original grips off and put Pachmayer Presentation grips on it. Also have a set of Stags for it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  15. protosniper

protosniper New Member

I`ve got my trusty OL Dan Wesson.... Does that count. It really shoots nicely & I really like the heavy full lug barrel.... But I really don`t shoot it as much as my S&W Model 41`s :D

Attached Files:

16. wpage

wpage Active Member

The .22lr pistol is the best training round out there. Dollar for $ you cant beat the .22 short or long for taking the kids for fun. Even if you forget the ear protection its a blast. The .22 revolver is a hoot and great way to into young shooters to the game.:)
  17. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I don't have one yet, but I really want a Ruger Single Six. The idea of a .22lr revolver just seems like a LOT of fun to me.
  18. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Sometimes my wife will let me shoot her BearCat. Nice little plinker, a lot of fun to shoot. I think that one day I will add a Ruger Single Six to the gun cabinet. I will tell the wife it is a gift for her and maybe she will let me shoot it too. :D

What I think would really be sweet is one of the US Firearms 12 shot single action 22s.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  19. red14

red14 Active Member

I have a Smith and Wesson model 63. It is the only gun I shoot every time I go to the range. Got to be careful with the SA though, it is a true hair trigger.
  20. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Old H&R 922 a little bit, used to shoot it a lot, Ruger Single Six, used to shoot that a lot too, but now its mostly my S&W M41.