ARE YOU A SURVIVALIST?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Rhuga, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Petergunn

Petergunn Member

wouldn't the same apply to your guns and ammo?

trying to prep for a single event is silly but knowing what you need for day to day life and having extra on hand seems wise to me.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

I don't consider that prepping or being a survivalist. Having what you need and a little extra is called being responsible. I assumed (yea I know) that we were talking about those that are setting aside 15 years of dried food and building underground bunkers. (I've watched preppers:banghead:) What happens if your 500 miles away on a vacation when TSHTF. I just don't see the point. I have an adequate supply of food on hand. I do not PREP. Cause I don't know what I should PREP for. Well you know except for the zombies. Those I'm prepping for:D
  3. Petergunn

Petergunn Member

yeah I kinda scratch my head after watching the Doomsday shows, (I keep telling myself it’s just entertainment) but most of the preppers I know are really just getting back to what previous generations of country folk did, just a little better armed.;)
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  4. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

In general right now there's a discussion on EMP's and digital locks on your safe. If an EMP hits NO laundry, NO cold food, NO oven cooking (unless you have a old pilot range) NO ice. Hmph. I could rule the world by bringing back the old ringer washers and ammonia refers.
  5. 22to12gauge

22to12gauge Former Guest

I am prepped for a bug-out-for-good situation. I will not be staying at home (in the suburbs) for very long. I am learning a lot about surviving in the American Southwest. My main concern is finding water sources. If I have water, I have no worries.
  6. ilovenxstage

ilovenxstage New Member

I don't consider myself a survivalist. I have kidney failure and require dialysis to live. In a SHTF situation, I may not be able to get my dialysis, and if that's the case, all the prepping in the world won't save me. That being said, I do have some ideas and plans of what I COULD do, because I'll hopefully be going back to home dialysis soon. I can "hoard" spare dialysis supplies, and I could run my machine with a generator.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Worst case seniro is you leaving behind those tools need for a family member to survive with. While I'm in a little better shape than you are in, I still stock food, and any other essentials I think might be needed. Mostly these will be for my family. I don't think some of us older folks would last too long in a survival situration! I stopped by Wal Mart yesterday for a few items, and grabbed a bag of disposable razors, and a 8 pack to toothbrushes. I just keep adding, a little at a time!
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

wrong thread sorry
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just finished a book--The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway. Fiction, but the opening chapters are about Sarajevo during the war there, and people surviving in a SHTF situation. Don't know how it stacks up against the real world, but it was interesting.