Are you on Facebook?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B27, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    My son signed me up to facebook years ago, and I must admit, I did put photos of my family on it. BIG MISTAKE! Every one on earth, still me e-mail. Most of them, I don't even know.

I like my privacy to much. Besides, I don't play well with others. Maybe a selected few. LOL
  2. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

I use it to keep track of family around the country. Found out last week via Facebook that we lost a family member due to a heart attack in mid 50's, wouldn't have gotten a phone call for a couple of days due to family being so torn up.

Nice thing about it that you can "unfriend" those you don't want to deal with, and subscribe to pages like Midway, Hornaday, Springfield Arms, etc. Lots of good stuff about things that go bang!
  3. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

No Facebook. Not now, not ever.
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I am on EVERY site I can find for getting information out and finding out what information is available. I am a computer engineer and I certainly did my part to make this internet happen where the information can flow. I also have sworn to die to protect our Constitution against All Enemies Foreign and Domestic.
    Do you want to know who may attack your own town? That attack shows up on the internet before it happens.
    Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty died in Libya - the Arabic jihadist websites were already talking about it before it happened, then praising their 'courageous' brothers who did it.

Our government tried to blame it on a video. Our President was complicit in the attacks. New info is coming to light that he may have helped the attacks happen on purpose. The Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman is still in a US prison for the first WTC bombing and the Muslim Brotherhood has promised to get him home.

The current info coming out is that there was a plan to have Ambassador Stevens taken hostage, then Obama would make a political coup by trading his life for the Blind Sheikh. This certainly would have put a feather in his cap for the voters - nobody cares really if a rag head gets sent back instead of us feeding him and giving him free medical. We should have shot the a-hole to begin with.

This may have backfired on Obama because two Navy SEALS ignored orders to leave it alone and went to save him. Next, Emergency attempt at cover-up.

There is only ONE piece left to find. Who did Obama meet with who was Muslim during this past August and then sent as an Envoy to Egypt or Libya?
  5. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

I do and don't have a lot of personal information on it. Don't visit it much more than a couple times a month to keep in touch with family and friends. I find many that use it for ill intent, gossip fodder, and to create division amongst the brotherhood.

Social Media is now what cell phones were 30 years ago. Who would ever thought back then that they would be replacing land line phones?
  6. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

No Facebook, No twitter, No personal e-mail account, No credit cards. You can only find me if you look under the right rock.:D
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I have a facebook account but I rarely post on it.I got in trouble awhile back.Ok Ill tell you why.When I was in highschool I asked a girl to the homecoming and she said I was going to ask you if you didnt ask me.So we go to the football game and when we got to the dance she asked me if she could dance with an foreign exchange student.We all thought he was gay.I said hey you do what you want were not an item.Well needless to say I never saw her the rest of the dance.lol Til It was time to go home.Oh the guys name was Nick.On the way home I told her Nick owes me 12 bucks.She said what?I said he got more of your time than I did so I think he owes me your admission.lol On that note we never talked again.About 20 years later she contacts me out of the blue on facebook.She hears about my wife and says hey if I can ever help with anything let me know.I thought that was nice.I had no idea she is now lesbian and something was posted on facebook about gay marriage and I posted and quote(They all should be in Jail)I was just joking I even put lol at the end.Well I got told off the rest of the night.The next day she called to apologize only after a bunch of people pounced on her for the way she talked to me.I never answered the phone nor do I care to talk to her.I thought you guys would get a kick out of that story.