Argentine 1927 Sistema

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dtaxman, Dec 11, 2010.

1. dtaxman

dtaxman New Member

Hello from a newbie. I have a question for you guys. I have a Argentine 1927 Sistema with seriel number 60xxx, the numbers match on everything including the magizine. My opinion for a gun 60 years old its in really good condition, but not perfect. It does shoot good. Now to the million dollar question. I am thinking of taking it to the gun show to either sell or trade, I am wanting an AR. What do you think this is worth, both selling and trading? I am going to try to post pics, but being a newbie we will see. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It's a gun you will eventually wish you had kept!
    Save up and buy an AR. Keep the 1927.
  3. dtaxman

dtaxman New Member

Your right I might, but wife says too many as it is so the only way to buy one is to sell one
  4. Bill DeShivs

ARs are a dime a dozen. Collectible 1911s aren't!
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I agree with Bill, you have what is considered a above average Systema.. I'd keep it and work on the AR for later. JMHO
  6. Bill DeShivs

Perhaps you should trade in your wife....
    How many pairs of shoes does she have?
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  7. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Keep that nice gun and learn the barter system with your wife. Sometimes you want stuff and sometimes she wants stuff. Same rules apply. Too many guns? Too many clothes.;) And dont tell my wife you heard it here.:cool:
  8. dtaxman

dtaxman New Member

Ok I tried the how many shoes, purses, clothes etc. Her response was how much spent on guns, hunting trips, golf, motorcycles, I stopped her there and brought up the collectable side. Again her response was if you want an AR then it would be great as a collectable for someone else. Why didnt I marry a dumb blond, no offence intended
  9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

reminds me of a conversation... my wife tells me we need a new washer and dryer. i reply geez the ones we have are just fine they are less then 3 years old and work just fine. they have never needed service and do a wonderful job. and i went on to tell her we didn't have money in the budget for a new washer and dryer. to which she replied if it was a f****** gun you'd find the money. that night we went to best buy and bought a washer and dryer :eek:
  10. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Not to get involved in someone else's problems, but three years is not old for a washer or dryer. My last washer lasted 15 years, the dryer for 14, but with the heating element replaced once.

Jim
  11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am a appliance tech by trade and you would be correct going back 15 years ago but today they are making such junk that you would be extremely lucky to get any wheres near 15 years today. Besides, when Momma says she needs a new one it dont mean the 3 year old ones are wore out, it means that she wants NEW ones and if she dont get them dont even think about new guns, or anything else!;););)

Sorry about the thread drift Dtaxman.