1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

'Arguing with Idiots' by Glenn Beck...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ponycar17, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Who else thinks that 'Arguing with Idiots' reads too much like Glenn is accusing the reader of being an idiot? If you pay attention to the issues most of the facts aren't really groundbreaking (at least where I am in the book). Perhaps I just agree with him too much to begin with?... :confused:

Furthermore, the context is just so lecturing. I just don't respond well to that, at all...

Also, the book is too busy... There are all these cartoons and factoids scattered throughout the book that take away from the content. It's hard to stay focused. :rolleyes:

Is there anyone else of the same opinion?... Is it just me? :confused:

Don't get me wrong. I want to like the book but I don't know if I can finish it.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I haven't read it yet, and would love to hear some other opinions.

Thanks for the 'book report' Pony. :thumbsup:
  3. JohnTheCalifornian

JohnTheCalifornian Member

I read the book. It was great. Inside not only does he blast away democrats, but republicans too. Thats what makes this guy so good for the people. He isnt just taking one side. He is getting the facts and presenting them to the people so that they can do further research. He doesnt want us to take his word for it. In the book he lists all the sources for the information he uses inside the book.
    I felt though the people who he is referring to as idiots are the ones who follow along blindly without checking facts for themselves and for not questioning why the government does the things that it does. Not once did I feel as though he was saying that I am an idiot.
    Its a good book and worth taking the time to read. Even if there may be distractions inside. Although I think it may have been layed out that way to attract the attention of the younger crowd who like flashy things, but then again maybe not.
  4. navis128

navis128 New Member

I think it's too busy too. It distracts from reading the content. I had an urge to read the cartoons before I was completed with the point.

My take was that is was supposed to be somewhat lecturing or insinuating accusatory emotion. I think he was trying to get the point across that if you talk to a lib, you're going to have to

USE YOUR MOTHER VOICE!
  5. dogngun

dogngun New Member

Being a first rate idiot himself, he would certainly know his topic.

mark