The Firearms Forum banner

Arisaka T38 Cleaning "Kit"???

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I have an Arisaka T38 6.5 that was made around 1936 in the Kokura arsenal along with the bayonet, a hooked quillon that came out of the Nagoya arsenal. All that said, I've recently become a little curious and interested about the novelty of WWII rifles. I've added an MN 91/30 made in 1933 in the Tula arsenal. Now with the MN came a cleaning kit which is pretty much self explanatory as to how all the parts work together. There's a jag, brush and handle which works with the cleaning rod intrinsic to the stock and it all make sense. Now back to the Arisaka. On one end of the cleaning rod is where I assume you would slide in a patch and run it down the bore. On the other end are male threads which are obviously there for a reason to which I'm baffled. It doesn't appear to thread in to the stock to hold it securely. That's accomplished by the front piece which has a catch. I've made several searches on the internet and can't seem to find any type of "cleaning kit" as which came with my Nagant that would explain things for me. So can anyone shed some light on things for me?

#3 ·
Also in cleaning a military rifle of that type, it is done on the buddy system. Every one gets together around the fire and two men will join their cleaning kits together. It averages out that more or less, every other rifle has the other half of the kit. So with team work, the job gets done. Now if you are like that Japanese trooper who spent 27 years after the war hiding, then for 27 years, your rifle didn't get properly cleaned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.