1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ariska T-99 Fix it?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by selleck2, Feb 21, 2005.

1. selleck2

selleck2 New Member

Have a Jap t-99 (last ditch),missing firing pin spring-safety knob damaged and
    upper hand guard missing. Overall cond fair I,d guess (never saw one before).
    Have found spring @ $3:00,handguard @$12:00 and safety @ $25:00.
    I have heard they may not be safe to shoot and although it looks rough
    (machine work,etc) bore is fair stock is good . How much should I invest in it??
    It was given to me by a friend for restoring his Rem 22. Should I just hang it on the wall or finish it up and shoot it ?? I have a friend that can probably ck
    head-space. Thx for your input guys >
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hang it on a wall. Does it have the tombstone rear sight? If so, I would not trust that gun with a reduced load. Some surplus ammo sold out there is for 7.7 Jap machine gun ONLY. These were higher pressure loads and should not be used in a Type 99 Arisaka late model.
  3. Colonel Plink

Colonel Plink New Member

I did a lot of research when I got my T-99. I'd have to agree that what you got there is a "conversation piece". Remember, late war metallurgy was suspect at best and these guns were hurriedly assembled by a dwindling work force for use by a desparate army that gave the word "dispensable" a whole new meaning.
  4. selleck2

selleck2 New Member

Thx,Col- having gotten the same opinion from several folks I guess I,ll
    hang it up (literally!) However the question remains ,should I spend the
    aprox $60:00 to put it back together or just stuff it in the closet? Thx 4 ur
    input!
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Closet gets my vote. Put the $60 into a new C&R gun that shoots!