Arizona governor vetoes birther, campus gun bills

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, Apr 20, 2011.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110419/pl_nm/us_arizona_birther
  2. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

I'd guess the Obama folks got to her...
  3. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

She sold out her supporters. It seems everyone thought she would sign these 2 bills. These liberals fly below the radar even in Az.:eek:
  4. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Last month the Arizona legislature caved in to pressure from local businessmen and killed a handful of bills dealing with illegal immigration.

This month, Gov. Brewer vetoed the "Birther Bill" and the "Campus Carry Bill".

I suspect that all of these outcomes would have been different if 2011 was an election year.
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

As unpopular as this mght be I agree with her on the birther bill. It's not Arizonas responsibility to check the credentials of presidential candidates BUT it IS the responsibility of the nominating party, the electoral college, the congress of the United States and the supreme court. This fiasco has gone on long enough. He very well may have been born in the United States but a man who wont answer to the American people doesn't deserve to be president. I think the guy actually believes he's above it all.

As to the carry on college campuses goes, I believe the governor supports that but expects the legislature to word the bill so as not to allow for any misinterpretation.

I still think Gov. Brewer is doing a damn good job and deserves the support of Arizona citizens. This lady doesnt buckle to political pressure from anyone.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  6. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

She caved in to the Tuscon liberals. I fully expected this out come no shocker. The people who voted for her wanted to send a message. She refused to carry the mail. She should be voted out of office.:rolleyes:Good luck

RC
  7. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

"but a man who wont answer to the American people doesn't deserve to be president"----

AMEN !!!
  8. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

ater having the Immigration bill dismatled in Federal court, I can understand her wanting
    bills that are written well enough to survive the scrutiny.
  9. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    she vetoed the gun bill because she thought it was poorly worded. She could be right. A little more time to make it right will pay dividends later when it is challenged. It's harder to challenge a good law.
  10. Python

Python Former Guest

+1
  11. gunmad

gunmad New Member

At least you guys are not fighting over a 60,000.00 dollar labor poster being removed from a state building or have a gov: telling people to kiss his butt yes this is the same one that said he would tell the pres: to go to hell. there not tring to figure out who was stupid enough to waste tax dollars on this or the fact that they are wasteing money fighting him over it. how about cutting my taxes i don't want or care about a poster i look out and see the hard workers that make this country work.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  12. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

...not for a democratically controlled White House and Senate, and a iffy Supreme Court. How exactly do you think we got to this place? Decades of bad laws.