Arizona Senator points gun at reporter

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by permafrost, Jul 12, 2011.

1. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I saw this on the news today (stayed home for out patient disc procedure) and was at first read ,appalled at the Senators poor judgement.
    http://macombdaily.com/articles/2011/07/12/news/doc4e1c5ac9796a3542839233.tx

So i emailed her, told her that the gun owners appreciated her support and got this response. As usual the press didn't quite tell the whole story. This was her personal response to me.

RE: InterviewTuesday, July 12, 2011 4:43 PM
    From: "Lori Klein" <lklein4@cox.net>To: "'gorbhill'" <gorbhill@yahoo.com>

Thank you.
    I never point a gun at anyone and the weapon was cleared. He walked into the beam when he was going to sit down and it wasn’t intentional.

It is a crimson laser which is not attached to the trigger. Understand that the AZ Republic reporters took maybe l% of what I really said and did in the interview and tried to make it sensational and make me look like an idiot as they have major distain for gun rights and people who carry.
    I don’t plan to ever give them another interview on this subject.
    I appreciate your concerns and I wasn’t at all happy with the tenor of the article and the fact that they didn’t discuss anything of substance that we did discuss.

Thank you for your comments and I was appalled as well. However, I think it is best to let this die and not keep it going as that is exactly what the opposition had in mind.

In freedom,

Lori

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:18 PM
    To: Lori Klein
    Subject: Interview

Dear Senator Klein,

. Thank you for your support of gun owners. the interview with the gun involved will bring a lot of criticism your way. Please hang tough and it will pass. The public moves on rapidly, and theywill forget about it soon. Thanks again and keep up the good work. Bob Hill

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6288 (20110712) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6288 (20110712) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

It is still a breach of firearm safety. Never point your weapon at anything you do not want to destroy.

She should have never pulled it out in the first place.

I have no doubt that the """"media"""" is doing what they do, bash firearms and their owners. There is no need to give them more ammo.
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Agreed!
    But she is on our side, so I wanted to offer support from our camp. Yeah ,it was stupid. i figure she's gonna catch enough s**t without any piling on.
  4. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

I used to be a paper boy in Phoenix, and even back then they were called the "Repulsive" and the "Gazoo"... there's never been any doubt to the liberal slant of the newspapers there.