Arizona signs on to domestic firearms law

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Apr 8, 2010.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Just picked this up:

This is an excerpt. The full story can be read here:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=137649

Pops
  2. lentz

lentz Former Guest

A+++++++++ One state at a time
  3. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

Question:

Could a company such as Ruger open a small plant in a restrictive state such as New York and assemble guns there?

Interesting possibilities.

How many states currently manufacture firearms?
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

My understanding is that the guns have to be made completely in the state in question. No shipping of parts and such from other states. Whether means only the serial numbered items or all items is unclear. Having a company which is based and owned in another state just opening an assembly plant in a particular state probably wouldn't fly.

Pops
  5. lentz

lentz Former Guest

Does that mean if a person moves to Arizona,they need to sell their guns first?
    Oh wait I see now,That's a part that won't fly.
    Sorry Pops
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I've been seeing a lot of stories involving firearms lately that mention federal registration. What federal registration? Unless Freddie the Fed is letting it slip out that the 4473/NICS is nothing but a thinly veiled backdoor registration scheme.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The official registration is of the firearm from manufacturer through the chain of distribution to the FFL holder who sells it. The registration of the firearm to the final purchaser is not supposed to be kept on record. However, the law requires that the 4473's be kept by the FFL until he goes out of business, or some certain length of time.

Many believe the records of the names of purchasers is being kept. Even the federal agencies are beginning to talk abut being able to check back to see who has what "registered" to them. I posted a bit on this just yesterday.

Pops
  8. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

NH's surrounded but thats nothing new. Don't know if it will pass but contacted my local rep and voiced my support for it.
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Exactly. I mean, does anyone really believe that BATFE would not rummage through those records or the the FBI won't keep the info trace from the NICS?
  10. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

What registration?
    Think NFA items.
    The Federal law controls interstate commerce of all guns. What these states are saying is that any gun, silencer, sbs, aow, etc. made in that state is not subject to federal regulation. Gun dealers are licensed by the federal government and agree to abide by all federal and local laws. Individuals and unlicensed manufacturers would not be regulated-if the arms are not introduced into interstate commerce.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  11. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I guess we'll see how the "unlicensed manufacturers" get their wares to market. Gun shows, maybe?

If I come across any new guns bearing the serial number "Arizona2010" I'll buy one.
  12. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Buy it only if you are in Arizona and a resident of Arizona. There is going to be some serious harassment from the guanos on this one, in the states which have passed it.

Pops