Armalite AR-10 A2 value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mhwsa1, Jul 13, 2010.

1. mhwsa1

mhwsa1 New Member

Hi,
    Thanks in advance for any help any one can provide. I am thinking about selling my Armalite AR-10 A2 Carbine. It has a factory stainless steel barrel with muzzle break. It has black furniture and attached handle and front sight. Trap door in butt plate. I paid $1300 in 2000 for it. It has only had the factory recommended break-in shots put through it, 100 total rnds.

Here are the additional parts I have for it:

6 - 20 rnd Gen II magazines
    2 - 10 rnd magazines
    2 - field replacement kits
    1 - spring replacement kit

42 - tracer rounds
    4 - 200 round battle packs of surplus FMJ. Made in Indonesia in 1986.
    About 400 rounds of misc. ammo
    Nylon tactical carrying case with mag pouches
    I have a couple of the large ammo boxes to store the .308 ammo

Obviously, the rifle value is the main concern but I won't need the other stuff once the rifle is gone so I plan on selling everything.

Thanks again,
    Richard
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

BB of Tactical Firearms has a 98% value at $1100. Some searching confirms that they're selling on the used market within the 950-1250 range depending on condition/accessories. With what you've described, I'd think you should get $1400-$1450 without any trouble. That should be a pretty good ballpark, we'll see what others think.
  3. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

Normally I would say the last post is about right. However, in the current economy (which is bad) and the current interest in firearms (which is good) I've seen some crazy swings in both directions! I've seen guns go for twice what they're worth and others for half.
    That said, I have to think closer to $1000-$1200 for your stuff. Mostly because of the carry handle and front sight. Most AR buyers are looking for flat-top guns for more optics options.
  4. mhwsa1

mhwsa1 New Member

Thanks for the replies! The information provided me plenty to think about. It is no surprise the down economy has taken its toll on gun values as well. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

Richard