Armi Jager AP74

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by piratesover40, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

Sweet! LOL i just noticed that you have the same magazine latch repair that mine does

I'm hoping that i can get mine repaired this summer. i had planned on refinishing her this fall. i am planning on going flat black like the M4's are done instead of the glossy finish she has on her now.

I got her back in the 80's without the magazine catch. I traded a timing light for it. it took me about an hour or so of scrounging through old carburator springs to find one the right diameter and tension and then drilling/grinding a square piece of metal to the right size for the catch.

that must have been a common problem for the AP's
  2. RydFree

RydFree New Member

I finished mine up yesterday with the top rail and frt sight rail . I also took the cheesy plastic stock off and put a Bushmaster AR stock on it . It feels more solid now . I wanted to put a set of A2 round handguards on it but the rear retainer ring is smaller than a AR and I would have had to modify the front delta ring a bit as well because the AP74 is thicker . It could be done but I didn't want to start another round of mods :)

Attached Files:

3. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

very nice. mine is in for repair, hope to hear a status if its condition this week