Armi San Marco 12ga, Connecticut Valley Arms, help?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by fuzebox40, Apr 21, 2012.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Hello all. I've aquired this one just recently and I'm coming up near empty in my web search for info. Maybe someone can help. It's missing the hammer mechanism as you can see in the pics and Numrich seems to have some parts for it but has no schematic to assure me of all that is missing or even that it's the same gun for sure.
    The gun appears only lightly used which makes me wonder if it may have been decommissioned purposely? There were catastrophic safety issues with some firearms from this company though it was only muzzleloaders that I have found such reports, recalls and lawsuits on. Information is scarce but so far I have not found anything negative reguarding this type of modern centerfire shotgun. However I will say the barrel and receiver seems like a much lighter metal than my other shotguns.
    If anyone has experience or some knowledge to share please chime in. Also a schematic or even just what parts are missing. The trigger and firing pin are intact, it just has no hammer mechanism between.

Markings on left and right side of barrel:
    Connecticut Valley Arms Inc. Norcros, Ga. – Made in Italy
    Armi San Marco 12 Ga. 3" Ch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. john323

john323 Member

Contact Navy Arms they might have info on your S/G.
  3. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I agree that your gun has been deliberately decommissioned, for reasons unknown.

Without getting into a long discussion about its potential safety issues (or lack thereof) I would note that the cost of the replacement parts that you are missing (and will likely require some fitting) will almost surely exceed the value of the restored gun.
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

ASM quality was spotty at best.
  5. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I've only found two others on line from past auction sales at around $200 which is conciderably more than anyone in-the-know would pay, IMO, and I have to agree that its restored value won't justify the cost concidering there are multiple parts in question.
    Thanks for the opinions guys. I think my next move here is find someone to give it to. Perhaps someone who needs a wall hanger!