Arminius .44 Magnum

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Indianabuck, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Indianabuck

Indianabuck New Member

I am looking for a part for my Arm 44 revolver. Have looked at Numrich and they don't list a .44. The part I need is on the loading and ejection gate. It seems as if the spring is very sprung. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  2. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

If it is just the spring, a gunsmith should be able to make you one. Might be easier and even cheaper than finding the part.
  3. Goody

Goody Member

I assume that this is a single action? If so Dakota is right. Pull the grip frame and the trigger guard. Look on the bottom of the frame, right beneath the loading gate. There should be a screw that is flush with the frame. If not flush, screw it in until it is, then see how the gate functions. If that doesn't fix it, screw it out carefully as there should be a spring and a plunger that rides on the bottom of the gate. You should be able to find a spring at most hardware stores, the plunger may be a little more difficult. It isn't very fancy or complicated, just a piece of metal to ride in the detent on the gate to let it operate smoothly.
  4. Indianabuck

Indianabuck New Member

Gentlemen - Many thanks - The pistol is fully operational now. Thanks to all the great members on this board - Better than an encyclopedia.