Arms Fair Report

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by TranterUK, May 10, 2009.

1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Managed a few hours at a local arms fair hope you find the pics intereting.. Sorry the pics are not better, I will stick to my day job.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

A couple more:

Attached Files:

3. Charlie the sniper

Charlie the sniper New Member

England, thats the USN aircraft carrier near europ
    Maybe I will catch up with you at Birmingham.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Those pictures aren't too bad! You must own the same kind of camera I do, those pictures look just like the kind I take, blurry! I have to ask this, please don't think I'm stupid! Are there no modern fire arms on display, or for sale, in Jolly old England?

Is that what I think it is? Second picture, background, top left?
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

If your thinking Russki LMG, well spotted.

In answer to your question there were lots of modern weapons, up to and including Glocks, but the vast majority were de activated for collectors.

I actually support deactivation in certain cases. With firearms of historical interest that people want to collect, but would be unable to because of our laws, it gives a second life. Webleys, Toks Thompsons Brens etc etc. The alternative would be destruction, so a satisfactory arrangement for all. I fail to see the sense in deactivation and collection of modern weapons with little historical relevance, Glocks for one.
  6. Perhaps next trip you'll find an American deactivated Mk-17 Bravo (15 Mt yield) from the 1950s, Tranter. :eek:;) It would make a great lawn decoration, and if you could come up with some plutonium, it would make a great Guy Fawkes day firework. :D;):p