The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armscor .22 lr ammo

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
Any opinions on this brand of Philippine mfg. ammo? Bought a Browning 1911-22 recently, and along with it a 500 rd. brick of Armscor 36gr HVHP - the brick was $32.

#3 ·
fires more reliably than Remington Golden Bullets...
but not quite as precise as CCI minimags.
Thanks for the information, guess it wasn't too bad a deal at $32.00. Still have about 1 1/2 bricks of Remington Std. velocity lr, as well as Lord knows how many rounds of BB/CB caps, CB Longs, Sub-Sonics, Shorts and so forth, so we should be in good shape for a little while.

#5 ·
I bought two bricks about 9 months ago for 22.95 each and one turned out to be hollow point. I keep that for the wife for home defense since she will not shoot anything bigger. I had one small issue with my Sig 1911 but I think it had more with the gun being brand new rather than the ammo. Ran alot through my Savage with no problems at all. I wish I could find more. Went back to same shop and not a single round of it.

#6 ·
Thanks for the information, guess it wasn't too bad a deal at $32.00. Still have about 1 1/2 bricks of Remington Std. velocity lr, as well as Lord knows how many rounds of BB/CB caps, CB Longs, Sub-Sonics, Shorts and so forth, so we should be in good shape for a little while.
Err...although that's a mighty inflated price for a brick...
bet if you had ordered it direct from Armscor it would have been closer to $20

Given the current craze, its about average for a brick.

Can't wait until the insanity wears off...

#13 ·
Fortunately or unfortunately - depends on how you look at I guess, Sitka's an island. Ammo, primers, powder and the like have to be brought in by barge, which of course means $$$.
Oh, wow, you are on THAT Sitka island...famous for WW2 battles...
Yep, costs would be a bit different there :)

#14 ·
I bought a brick of Armscor about a month ago but haven't shot it yet since I have other bricks already open. Bu I picked up a 525 round brick of Federal CPHP's for $25.08 including tax at BPS today, 1 to a customer. Yesterday they were selling the same but in the 50 round boxes for $2.39 each, 2 to a customer.

#15 ·
I would rather it was 40gr.....I do think I see a difference in function in semi-autos....but it works well. That being said, and all else said....I have never had problems with Rem Goldens....in fact, I am shooting mostly Rem Goldens these days.......NOS that I paid a whopping $7.99/brick [just to rub it in teehee]

#16 ·
I know that this post is six years old but I wanted to share my experience with Armscor in the 80's. The long rifle ammo that I used came in a yellow box with black and red printing.

Velocity was all over the place, the ammo was EXTREMELY dirty to shoot. Rounds were also out of round and/or oversized, which caused an out of battery fire sending brass shards into the top of my hand when shooting my 10-22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.